It offers a convenient way to import text and XHTML files and create all the necessary components of an EPUB file. It also makes it easy to view and edit files, and check the generated EPUB, using external tools.
A wizard allows you to create a new project in seconds, with options for generating a table of contents, a cover page, and a title page. You can create a simple cover design image using templates and a basic design tool. Then you can compile, check and try out the EPUB at the click of a button.
- Creates unencrypted EPUB files from text or XHTML files;
- Creates MobiPocket files if you have the mobigen application;
- allows editing of the text or XHTML files with a simple internal editor or designated external editors;
- helps you create a simple cover design image;
- optionally creates title, content and cover pages;
- can be run from the command line as part of a build script;
- can be used in portable mode (data and settings are stored locally).
- can convert your book content to audio files (WAV or MP3) using TTS from eSpeak.
eCub is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris x86.