- Made by: Barnes and Noble
- Released: April 2011
- Predecessor: nook
- Languages Supported:
- File Types Supported: ePub, PDF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP
Shop for the best books, magazines and newspapers right on your NOOK with just a touch. Turn pages, look up words, highlight passages, adjust the font size and style-just by tapping the infrared-powered touchscreen. NOOK features the most advanced E Ink® Pearl technology. The high-contrast 16-level grayscale touchscreen displays text as crisp and clear as a printed page. Includes on-screen keyboard and Wi-Fi.
There is a new model of the nook touch called the NOOK glowlight™ for night reading. It creates a soft glow front light optimized for low light reading. A warm light illuminates entire screen evenly. Battery life is one month assuming 50% use.
- Dimensions: 6.5" x 5.0" x .47" (165.1 x 127 x 11.9 mm)
- Weight: 7.48 ounces (212g)
- Display: 6" E Ink® Pearl Display with 600 x 800 pixel 16 level grayscale
- High contrast screen-50% greater contrast than NOOK 1st Edition™
- Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n with in-store browsing and free access to AT&T hotspots.
- Memory: 2GB Holds up to 1,000 books in the approx 1GB available for eBook use.
- Expandable microSD card up to 32GB
- Battery can last up to 2 months with Wi-Fi® off**
- Installed rechargeable battery
- Charge via USB to a computer or power adapter
- Charging time: 3 hours from wall outlet
- OS: Android (has been rooted)
This unit replaces the earlier nook 1st generation model.