- Made by: Sony
- Released: prototype 2013, release Dec 2013
- Predecessor: none
- Languages Supported: English, Japanese
- File Types Supported: PDF
(translated from Japanese)
The display was designed to be a "digital paper" terminal, using the technique of forming a high precision thin film transistor (TFT) on a plastic substrate. This 13.3" is the latest type of flexible electronic paper. This easy to read clearly as paper also fine character definition with 150 ppi. Because of its 6.8mm thickness and a weight of only 358g you can carry it easily while still being a large screen. Moreover, since it corresponds to nearly A4 size at 13.3" diagonal display, type fonts can be read in text sizes and layouts similar to a paper document.
Furthermore, by adopting an electromagnetic induction method and the optical touch panel technology, touch input can also be applied to the operation of the paging and menus. You can also write directly on the screen as smoothly as paper using the accompanying pen. The file format corresponds to a PDF, which is saved with a document and highlights handwriting and sticky notes.
Furthermore, since it is equipped with Wi-Fi function, it is planned to support applications to share files across a network. In addition, because it is equipped with a microSD memory card slot, it can accommodate a large amount of documents. Due to low power consumption, flexible electronic paper can be used for about three weeks on a single charge. Sony aims to commercialize the terminal in 2013 fiscal year.
A web browser is also included.
Annotation features: highlight text and add notes with on-screen keyboard. Attach sticky notes.
- Display: 13.3-inch (1200 × 1600 pixels) with flexible electronic paper from E Ink called E Ink Mobius
- 16-level gray scale, 150 ppi
- Dual Touch panel: Electromagnetic induction type pen input with a corresponding touch panel which is optically clear and optical touch screen.
- Built-in memory capacity: 4GB, 2.8GB available to the user.
- Interface: microSD memory card slot, micro USB port
- Support file format: PDF which complies with specifications for PDF version 1.7
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) compliant
- Rechargeable battery: Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Rechargeable battery duration: Up to 3 weeks (Wi-Fi feature off)
- Dimensions (height × width × depth ) 233 × 310 × 6.8mm (display 4.8mm)
- Weight: (Including battery): 358g (12.6 oz)
- Engadget review
- Google Translation of Sony site
- Tom's hardware site - describes the technology of the display.