- Made by: Onyx
- Released: Nov 2011
- Predecessor: Boox M90
- Languages Supported: 17
- File Types Supported: ePub, MOBI, PDF, TXT, HTML, CHM, PDB, FB2, RTF, DOC, DJVU, ZIP, CBR, CBZ, JPG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG, MP3, WAV
The large 9.7-inch E-ink screen on BOOX M92 is remarkably crisp and clear as a printed page. Which makes it perfect for web browsing and reading e-books. It's designed to bring you great reading experience with ease even under bright sunlight.
Supports the Hanvon stylus for navigation, note taking.
- Size: 242.9 mm x 179.4 mm x 12.3 mm (9.56" x 7.06" x .48")
- Weight: 520 grams (19 oz)
- iMX 508 Processor (800Mhz Cortex)
- 256 MB DDR
- 4096 MB internal memory
- E-ink Pearl display 9.7"
- 12:1 Contrast ratio, 16 levels of grayscale, 1200px x 825px
- Epson controller
- Built-in 1600 mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Up to 8000 pages on only one battery charge ‡
- A/C Charger is included in the package.
‡ Depends on the use (WiFi etc.) and circumstances
- System requirements
- Menu languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Danish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Hebrew, Simplified Chinese, Svenska, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Russian, Hungarian, Hebrew and other (about 30)
- Internal memory of 4096 MB.
- External SD and SDHC support up to 32 GB.
- WI-FI 802.11 b/g/n
- mini-USB 2.0
- Download books directly on device
- SD(HC)-card support (max 32GB)
- External speaker (2W x1)
- 3.5mm earphone audio jack
- External buttons
- 4 key for navigation
- 5 way key (joystick)
- Power on/off button
- Volume button
- Navigation also possible by touchscreen (stylus)
- Packaging content
- Onyx Boox M92
- Havon stylus (for touchscreen)
- USB cable
- Protection cover (in bundles)
- USB charger
- Manual (English)
Questions, Answers and Features
- Feature: Fonts can be added by dropping them into the "fonts" folder in the internal storage, see forum entry. Backgrounds for the scribble app can be added by dropping PNG images into the directory "notes_template" on the SD card, see forum entry. Dictionaries can be added by dropping files (stardict format) into the directory "dicts" either on the sd card or in the internal storage, see forum entry.
- Question: How does it handle large files (e.g. 400MB+)? Uploading seems to be a bit hard, other than that the file gets handled pretty fast. See forum post, video.
- Question: How is it in regards to open source? Onyx has got git-repositories on the github.com. You can even send them patches with fixes and adjustments. It is possible to create and flash a custom firmware. You've got root on your device right out of the box. See forum post.
- Question: Does it support Arabic language? Yes it does, please see the video here.
- Question: Does it support password-protected pdf documents? Yes
add a history of this item by including a History= block
- Firmware: 
- Manual: 
- Projects: Boox M92 project list
- SDK: Boox M92 software development
- Software: Boox M92 software list
- Tweaks & Tricks: Boox M92 tweaks
- Wishlist: Boox M92 wishlist
- Ereader-Store.de - shipping worldwide