jetBook Color EDU.12
- Made by: ECTACO
- Released: planned Dec 2011
- Predecessor: none
- Languages Supported: 52 languages
- File Types Supported: ePub, PDF, ?
The jetBook Color eTextbook offers students and teachers the ability to save money on books while providing unlimited teaching resources. Every unit has an individual connection to a Teacher's Console. Teachers can restrict the download of any programs or content that is not related to the class, send students grades, exams, homework, and messages with the students being able to submit all those options as well. The main screen serves as an ID card for the student displaying a schedule of classes (updated daily via Wi-Fi or 3G), list of student's and teacher's notes, homework and classwork, and a designated channel for instant communication with any teacher. The same home screen will boast an application list based on student's grade and classes with the following topics: My Library, eTextbooks, Classwork and Homework, Oxford Reading Support, Languages and Games, Science and Math. Subsections within these applications will aid students to be on top of their classwork and pair technology with the classroom creating a fully interactive and intellectually stimulating environment connected to worldwide educational resources.
- multilingual speech recognition module,
- text-to-speech module for pronunciation of books,
- machine translation technology
- plug-in GPS module to allow parents to locate their child or the unit itself
- The unit comes with a leather pouch
- Screen: 9.7" E Ink Triton 800 x 600 color pixel, touchscreen, 100 ppi
- Apparent resolution 1600 x 1200 B&W using subpixel dithering. 200 dpi.
- touch panel uses Electromagnetic Resonance Technology
- processor: Freescale i.MX508 800MHz with ARM Cortex A8 CPU
- storage: 32 GB
- WAN: Wi-Fi and 3G
- Audio: Internal Speaker
- Battery: 2350mAh, 10,000 page turns
- Colors: Black or White