Sony Reader (PRS-700BC)
- Made by: Sony
- Released: November 2008
- Predecessor: Sony Reader PRS-505
- Languages Supported: English
- File Types Supported: PDF, TXT, RTF, LRF, LRX, ePUB, MP3, AAC, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, DOC
The PRS-700 is an upscale version of the PRS505. It is not a replacement. It has a touch screen replacing the number keys and includes a built in front light. It also includes a choice of 5 fonts sizes.
- size (Approx.): 5.0 x 6.8 x .4 inches (127.6 x 174.3 x 9.7 mm)
- screen: 6" diagonal touch screen 167 ppi 800x600 (4.8" x 3.6") 8 level grayscale screen.
- includes a stylus but fingers will work. Flick to page forward or touch to zoom page
- weight: 10 oz.
- front light built in - 2 levels
- fonts: 5 available font sizes
- hard buttons available for page changing. Press and hold to skip ahead. There is also a back button, main, search, zoom, and option.
- virtual on screen keyboard
- annotation, highlighting and search capability
- eBook capacity: 320 in approximately 420 MB internal user memory.
- SD card slot and Sony memory stick duo card slot.
- AC Power : Optional AC Charger requires 120 Volts 60Hz
- Battery Life (Approx.): Up to 7,500 continuous page turns (or up to two weeks worth of reading)
- Battery life with light on: 4 hours on high, 8 hours on low.
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion 3.7 V
- Recharging Time: Approx. 4 Hours with USB charging from powered Computer or Approx. 2 Hours when using optional AC wall charger (5.2V)
- Ports: USB 2.0 (1.1 compatible), 3.5" stereo audio jack, power input
- Operating temperature: 41 to 95 °F (5 to 35 °C)
- CPU: Freescale i.MX31(L?), ARM1136JF-S core, 400-532MHz
- EPD controller: Broadsheet (Epson S1D13521)
- USB: MX31 USB OTG controller w/ High Speed Philips ISP1504 transceiver
- Sound/Real-Time Clock/Battery/Power Management IC: Wolfson WM8350
- Flash cards: MX31 SDHC controller, MX31(?) Memory Stick controller
- RAM: 128MB
- Flash: 512(?)MB NAND + 2(?)MB NOR
- Linux kernel: 2.6.23 (compiled with gcc 4.2)
(question marks denote guesstimates)