- Made by: Barnes and Noble
- Released: November 30th, 2009
- Predecessor: none
- Languages Supported: English
- File Types Supported: PDF, ePUB, PalmDOC (PDB), MP3, JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG
This model has been replaced with the nook touch model.
With 2GB of memory, nook stores up to 1,500 books, newspapers and magazines. Need even more space? Just add a memory card for storage of up to 17,500. An entire library light enough to take with you everywhere, so you'll never be without your favorites. Use your nook as an MP3 player to listen to audio books or music. nook holds about 26 hours of audio. There are two models, one has Wi-Fi while the second includes both Wi-Fi and 3G.
First eReader with digital lending; between nook™, iPhone™, iPod touch®,BlackBerry®, PC, Mac OS®. Devices other than nook™ require download of free B&N eReader software called Nook apps.
- Weight: 11.2 ounces (317 grams)
- Dimensions: Height: 7.7 inches; Width: 4.9 inches; Depth: 0.5 inches; (Height: 19.6 cm; Width: 12.4 cm; Depth: 1.3 cm)
- Screen: 6" (15.2 cm) E Ink 16 level grayscale.
- 2GB (approximately 1500 eBooks)
- Expandable microSD slot (up to 16 GB memory card will store up to 17,500).
- Free wireless from Barnes & Noble via AT&T, the nation's fastest 3G network. (optional)
- Wi-Fi ( 802.11 b/g)
- Free Wi-Fi in all Barnes & Noble stores.
- MP3 player
- Built-in mono speaker
- Universal 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack
- Micro USB connector
- 3.5 inch (8.9 cm) color touchscreen LCD. 480 x 144 pixels.
- One touch control and navigation.
- Swipe to browse your library displayed via full-color book covers.
- User replaceable Rechargable battery last up to ten days with wireless off.
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter.
- Charging time: 3.5 hours from wall outlet.
- Supported File Types: PDF, eReader, ePUB, PDB, MP3, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP
- Built in dictionary: Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary
- Operating System: Android
This device is the initial release.
- http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/support/ FAQ page and links for video and blog pages.
In the box
- Micro-USB 2.0 cable
- Quick Start Guide
- AC adapter
- Rechargeable battery (installed)
- Leather pouches (2 types)
- Plastic cases
- $15 External battery powered LED Light (powered by 2 x CR2032 Batteries, Provides 20 hours of light)
- $30 rechargeable battery
- $15 Matte screen filter kit
- $15 AC adaptor kit, & USB cable (replacement)
- Micro SD cards ranging from 2 to 16 GB. Available anywhere.