The Book Industry Study Group, Inc. (BISG), is the leading book trade association in the U.S. for standardized best practices, research and information, and events. BISG facilitates connections and conversations to solve common problems, advance new ideas, and more profitably bring published content to readers.
BISAC stands for Book Industry Systems Advisory Committee. This committee determines the list of Genre Subject codes.
 Areas of interest
- BISAC Subject codes
- Industry Resources
- MIP (Making Information Pay)
You have to be a member of the BISG web site to download publications but membership is free and many of the publications are free. A few of the eBook publications are listed below:
- Field Guide to Fonts for Ebooks
- Field Guide to Fixed Layouts for Ebooks
- Quick Start Guide to Accessible Publishing
- Best Practices for Product Metadata
- ONIX 3.0 Implementation Grid
- Best Practices for Keyword Metadata
- Recommendations for Citing Educational Standards and Objectives in Metadata