- Made by: Foxit
- Released: 2009
- Predecessor: uses EB-600 hardware
- Languages Supported: English
- File Types Supported: PDF, TXT, MP3
Foxit marketing copy states:
"Take your documents everywhere you go! View all your PDF files as well as convert any printable document to PDF which can be viewed on the eSlick. Foxits eSlick comes with free software: Foxit Reader Pro Pack and Foxit PDF Creator.
As Foxit's first-generation e-book reader, eSlick is specially designed to support multiple formats and enables users to view various documents with ease. With the thickness of 0.4” (9.2 mm), the weight of 6.4 ounces(180g) and the introductory low price of $259.99 ($299.99 MSRP), the Foxit eSlick will become the ideal e-book reading device for users."
- Screen: 6" E Ink® Vizplex screen 600 x 800 pixel resolution at 166 dpi, 4-level gray scale
- Size: 7.4" x 4.7" x 0.4" (188×118×9.2mm)
- Weight: 6.4 ounces (180g) battery included
- Color: Black/Gray/White
- Connectivity: USB2.0
- Operating System: Embedded Linux
- Supported Formats:
- Internal Memory: 128MB (initial release), 512MB (later release)
- Storage Memory: SD Card (2GB included. Supports up to 4GB)
In mid-2009 Foxit changed the eSlick hardware without designating a new model or version number. The second version has 512MB of flash storage versus 128MB in the original release. There may be other differences as well. At present the only known way to visually distinguish between the two device versions is to check the serial number. Numbers beginning with FE-0108 and FE-010903 are from the first release.
The December 2009 firmware release "2.0" / "Version 1130" adds:
- EPUB Support- Foxit eSlick now supports EPUB format. Now you can download EPUB eBooks onto your eSlick and the text will automatically display in an optimized format to fit the screen size. Unfortunately almost no style tags or CSS instructions are recognized, which can hinder readability of many texts. It is hoped that a future firmware will improve style fidelity.
- eReader PDB - Foxit eSlick now also supports eReader PDB format, which is widely accepted by several software formats. eReader format is commonly used on mobile devices.
- On-screen Virtual Keyboard - With this on-screen keyboard, you can use your navigation buttons to enter alphanumeric data in any text environment, including password entering and folder naming.
- Working with Folders - eSlick now allows users to fully interact with a folder management system, enabling you to create a new folder as well as copy, move, and delete folders.
- My Bookmark - A useful feature that empowers users to add customized bookmarks when reading PDFs, helping users to quickly return to marked pages to resume their readings.
- Rendering Text in Landscape Mode - Now the text files can be rendered in landscape mode which allows you to view the screen horizontally.
Foxit has had PDF software tools for several years.