- Made by: Hisense
- Released: Oct 2018
- Predecessor: Hisense A2
- Languages Supported:
- File Types Supported: Depends on App.
The Hisense A6 features a 6.01 inch AMOLED display on the front and a 5.61-inch E Ink Carta HD screen on the back. This device has a mirror mode, which projects the entire Android experience on the E Ink screen. The dual-screen phone is powered by a 64bit Snapdragon 660 SoC and 6GB of RAM. The internal storage is expandable by microSD memory card. The double-sided mobile phone packs a 3.300mAh battery supporting QC3.0.
The dual-screen A6 sports 2.5D curved glass with a 6.01" full HD+ AMOLED display. The front panel has a resolution of 2160×1080 pixel. On the rear is a monochrome E Ink Carta HD touch screen with 5.6”. The smartphone has an aspect ratio of 18:9. In addition the AMOLED screen has a pixel density of 402ppi and the E-ink Carta 287ppi. The battery-saving E-Ink screen makes this phone ideal for reading E-Books or for use in direct sunlight supporting a wide viewing angle. The A6 is based on a Snapdragon 660 chipset and offers 6GB of RAM and 64/128 GB of expandable storage.
There is a dual sensor rear facing 12-megapixel camera and a 16-megapixel camera on the front for selfies. The selfie camera can also be used to unlock the device. A traditional fingerprint sensor is located on the side of the metal frame. The HiSense A6 is equipped with a 3300mAh battery supporting Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 with 5V/3A. The dual SIM phone supports 4G LTE, USB Type-C port, GPS, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The smart phone runs Android Oreo out of the box with Vision UI Launcher.
Various improvements have happened from the A6 to the A6L. The A6L is larger than its predecessors. It has a 6.53-inch AMOLED + 5.84-inch E Ink screen. The screen resolution is FHD / FHD+ (18:9/19:9), HD / HD+ (18:9/19:9). There is now a dual rear camera: 24MP + 8MP and a 20 MP front camera (f/2.0). The battery has been increased to 3800mAh. The dimensions are: 163.6 x 77.2 x 9.1mm with a weight of 203 g.
- Dual display: 6.01-inch AMOLED + 5.61-inch E Ink screen
- AMOLED screen has 2160 x 1089 18:9 display 402ppi with 16 Million colors, 2.5 D curved glass
- E Ink Carta has 287 ppi, 720x1440 pixels; 16 grayscale; capacitive touch zone below the E Ink for gesture controls; 2.5D curved glass screen; GFF full lamination.
- Side fingerprint scanner + Facial recognition
- Memory: 6 GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Internal storage: 64 GB / 128 GB ROM
- Storage: Up to 256GB using MicroSD card)
- CPU: 64bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 660, Octa-core, 2.2GHz
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Dual SIM dual standby
- Sensors: Proximity, Light, Accelerometer, Compass, Fingerprint
- Wi-Fi: a, b, g, n, n 5GHz, Dual band, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct
- USB: 2.0, USB Type-C
- GPS: A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Cameras: 12 MP 2PD main camera (f/1.8) / 16 MP FF front camera (f/2.0)
- Rear: 12.19 MP, 4032 x 3024 pixels, Video, 1920 x 1080 pixels, LED Flash
- Front Camera: 15.93 MP (megapixels)
- Headphone: 3.5mm
- Phone Service: 4G LTE / 3G WCDMA / 2G GSM
- Battery: 3300mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
- No contract / No SIM lock
- Dimensions: 75.7 x 158.2 x 8.35 mm
- Weight: 185g
Replaces the Hisense A2 which may still be found.