iSilo™ is a highly versatile document reader available for Palm OS®, Pocket PC, Windows Mobile Smartphone, Symbian UIQ, Symbian Series 60, Blackberry, iPhone, and Windows® CE Handheld PC handhelds, as well as for Windows® computers. You can find thousands of ready-made documents downloadable immediately for reading with iSilo™ or you can create your own documents from HTML content using iSiloX. Some of the major features that will win you over to iSilo™ include:
- High text compression in iSilo™ format documents result in a 50% to 60% decrease in size, which is about 20% better than the Palm Doc format, allowing you to store more and larger documents on your handheld.
- Hyperlinks make it much easier to navigate through a document.
- Images add visual richness to documents, especially photo-quality color pictures.
- Tables allow the display of tabular data.
- Formatted text gives style to text for controlled emphasis.
- VFS support on Palm OS® allows you to store and access documents on high-capacity removable storage.
 Document Types
iSilo supports its own internal format including the ability to password protect and DRM
- ToGo is the original iSilo format
- SDoc is the rewritten format for Silo 3.0 (SilX) and later releases
Documents in iSilo format will have a .PDB extension. To help distinguish them from of PDB files some vendors use -IS.PDB for the extension.
 Document Creation
iSiloX is the desktop application that converts content to the iSilo™ 3.x/4.x document format, enabling you to carry that content on your Palm OS® PDA, Pocket PC PDA, Windows® CE Handheld PC, or Windows® computer for viewing using iSilo™. It is currently available for Windows® and Mac OS/X.
iSiloXC is the command line version of iSiloX, with the C denoting the command-line capability. iSiloXC is currently available for Windows®, Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and Solaris™.
Files created for iSilo can have a .ixl file extension on the PC but will have a .pdb extension for the Palm itself.