Kobo Reset: Aura One & Aura Edition 2
 Performing a factory reset
You can perform a factory reset to restore your eReader to its original settings. After a factory reset, you’ll have to set up and sync your eReader again.
If you perform a factory reset on your eReader, you'll:
- Remove all books from your eReader. Any books you purchased from Kobo can be re-downloaded from the Kobo Cloud after a factory reset.
- Lose any bookmarks and annotations you've made in your books since you last synced your eReader.
- Sign out of your account on your eReader.
- Reset all of your settings and preferences.
- Return your eReader to its original settings.
- If possible, back up any books or documents that you added to your eReader using Adobe Digital Editions, or that you manually added using your computer. You do not need to back up any books you bought from Kobo. Any books you purchased from Kobo can be re-downloaded from the Kobo Cloud after a factory reset.
- Go to your Home screen.
- Tap the More icon at the top of the screen.
- The Quick Settings panel will appear.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Device information.
- Tap Factory reset under Advanced.
- Tap Reset Now.
 Performing a manual factory reset
If a factory reset didn't solve your problem, you can try a manual factory reset to restore your eReader to its original settings. After a manual factory reset, you'll need to set up and sync your eReader again. Before you start, charge your eReader for at least one hour.
- Connect your eReader to a power source by doing one of the following:
- Connect the included USB power cord to your computer first, and then your eReader.
- Plug the wall charger (not included) to a power outlet, and then connect your eReader to the wall charger.
- Press and hold the power button until the power light on the top-right corner of your eReader turns off.
- Release the power button.
- Press and hold the power button on your eReader for 30 seconds.
- Wait for the Restore screen to appear.
- Release the power button. Your eReader screen will turn black and begin the restoring process. After the restoring process finishes, follow the onscreen instructions to set up your eReader. You'll need access to an active Wi Fi or internet connection to complete setup. You can also use the Kobo Desktop app to set up your eReader using your computer.
Content retrieved from https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/article/5237/resetting-your-kobo-aura-one-or-kobo-aura-edition-2 on February 18, 2017