Lucidor runs on the GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OS X platforms. It is a free program developed by Ordbrand.
Lucidor provides functionality to
- Read EPUB e-books.
- Organize a collection of e-books in a local bookcase.
- Search for and download e-books from the Internet, for example by browsing OPDS catalogs.
- Convert web feeds into e-books.
On Windows and GNU/Linux Lucidor requires that either Firefox (versions 3-3.6 or 4) or XULRunner (versions 1.9-1.9.2 or 2.0) is installed before the program can be run. Firefox is the recommended choice.
On MacOS X XULRunner is required.
- Lucifox is an e-book reader extension for the Mozilla Firefox web browser. It enables you to read e-books and browse e-book catalogs in a browser window. It supports e-books in the EPub format and catalogs of the OPDS kind.
- Luciwik is an EPUB/OPDS system for MediaWiki. It consists of two extensions for MediaWiki, one called Luciwik, and one called LuciwikEPUB.
- Lucimoo consists of two plugins for the Moodle book module. One plugin that provides functionality to import material from ePub ebooks into a book in the Moodle book module, and another plugin that provides functionality to export books from the Moodle book module as ePub ebooks.