Open Book Project
The Open Book Project is an open design for an eBook reader you can build for yourself. Rather than duplicate the information here, I will just list some sources for discussion and sources.
Subject to change as project matures.
- 4.2" 400x300 pixels monochromatic E Ink display,
- It is powered by an ARM Cortex M4 processor and has a 2MB flash for the CircuitPython code.
- include a headphone jack for listening to audio books
- has a dedicated flash chip for storing language files with specific character sets
- a microSD card slot for story books.
- expansion ideas include Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
 The project
- https://github.com/joeycastillo/The-Open-Book github project.
- https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325832 MobileRead discussion
- https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324479 MobileRead discussion, older