Preservation of electronic documents
Even electronic documents can be lost.
The Internet has increased the availability of eBooks and electronic documentation to a tremendous degree. However as information proliferates there is also situations where data disappears. This is particularly troublesome for specifications and documentation needed for historic purposes.
 Preservation efforts
There are Internet sites attempting to preserve Internet data and other data in electronic form. These include:
- http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/ - operated by the Library of Congress
- Minerva was an early effort in preserving manuscripts and other web content.
- http://web.archive.org - The wayback machine.
- http://netpreserve.org/ - An international organization dedicated to preserving important web data.
- http://pandora.nla.gov.au/ - Pandora is an Australian site dedicated to preserving web information.
For more sites see: http://netpreserve.org/resources/member-archives