Prince provides a better structured PDF than using a Print to PDF option. Prince can be used as the printing component for server-based software, such as web applications that need to print reports or invoices. Using Prince, it is quick and easy to create PDF files that can be printed, archived, or downloaded.
Prince can be used by authors and publishers to typeset and print documents written in HTML, XHTML, or one of the many XML-based document formats. Prince is capable of formatting academic papers, journals, magazines, and books.
They offer a free license for non-commercial use of Prince. This license adds a small logo to the first page of generated PDF files.
For commercial use of Prince, a full license can be purchased, or use the DocRaptor service to convert HTML to PDF online.
 Prince 10
- Headers and footers
- Page numbers, duplex printing
- Tables, lists, columns, floats (including vertical)
- Footnotes, cross-references
Output can include:
- Bookmarks, live links both inside and outside the document.
- Encryption and Document Security
- Font support
- Unicode OpenType fonts, TrueType and CFF
- Kerning, Ligatures, Small Caps
- Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Hebrew, Hindi and others
- Font embedding and subsetting
- PDF attachments
- Images: JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF