Scrivener is a powerful content-generation tool for writers that allows you to concentrate on composing and structuring long and difficult documents. While it gives you complete control of the formatting, its focus is on helping you get to the end of that awkward first draft.
- Edit Multiple Documents: “Scrivenings” mode temporarily combines individual documents into a single text, allowing you to view and edit different sections of your manuscript in isolation or as a whole.
- Corkboard: Virtual index cards store a synopsis for every document you create. Storyboard and rearrange your project by moving cards around on the corkboard.
- Outlining: A fully-featured outliner helps you take control of the structure of your work. Use the outliner to plan first and write later, or write first and use the outliner to make sense of that messy first draft.
- Collections: Create collections to keep arbitrary lists of documents and research independent of their regular order: track documents that need attention or use Saved Search Collections to generate automatically-updated lists of related documents.
- Full Screen Editing: View your text in full-screen mode for distraction-free composition.
- Scriptwriting: Switch to scriptwriting mode for automatic screen- or stage play formatting—or set up your own script formats. You can even mix up script formatting with regular text for writing treatments.
- Snapshots: Taking a “snapshot” of a document allows you to edit and rewrite in the confidence that you can restore an earlier revision at any time.
- Compile for Export and Print: Compile your finished draft for printing or exporting to your favorite word processor for final formatting. Export to web or e-book formats for self-publishing. With support for footnotes and comments and the ability to reformat your work during compile, you can produce submission-ready novel manuscripts, work with academic standards, and much more.
 Input formats
 Compile formats
The output of Scrivener can be in any of the following formats: (Note UTF-8 is used)
- General purpose: RTF, TXT, DOC, ODT
- eBook formats: PDF, ePub, MOBI (requires KindleGen)
- Other: HTML, XHTML, PS
It is also possible to export individual parts of a project in some of the above formats for archive or exchange purposes. The document structure will be maintained in folders.
 For more information
- http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php for Microsoft Windows
- http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php?platform=mac for Mac's.
- http://www.literatureandlatte.com/wiki/ They also have a wiki and a forum. Links to pages inside the wiki are in red.