Soc.io eReader is an Android app that reads eBooks. There is a stripped down model for Android 2.x and a full featured version for Android 3.x.
From the web site - Beta version
Soc.io eReader Features an easy, simple and natural interface. That’s what the Soc.io eReader is all about. It’s about you, the reader, the person who reads eBooks, magazines, articles and different publications. Currently supported is EPUB file format. Most important, the Soc.io eReader application is a FREE of charge and is specially designed for tablets running on Android OS. Now, you can download the app in two separate versions, the full version for Android OS 3.x or the stripped down for tablets with Android OS 2.x.
The Soc.io eReader has a bundle of neat features and we are sure that every eBook fan will find them handy and useful. Here is the list of features for the full version:
- Different Viewing modes: The Soc.io eReader gives you the option to arrange your eBook library in 4 different views:
- Shelves – Where all books are stylishly listed on shelves
- List – Books are presented in a list with the name of the author
- Collection – Previews different books by genres
- Single - Each book cover is represented in large size.
- Sort & Search Books: You can sort and search books by Title, Author, Rating, Recently opened and Read books.
- Switch through Day, Night, Sunny and Dark reading mode with the 4 reading modes.
- Switching through page orientation (Portrait, Landscape): classic Landscape two-pages view.
- Highlight important text: Paragraphs, thoughts, quotes…
- Page Bookmarking: when you create a bookmark you can place bookmark comment for latter referral.
- In-book search and searching text on Google, Wikipedia
- Go to a specific page using the Go To slider
- Table of contents (TOC) navigation
- Download some free eBooks form the Soc.io Mall Bookstore: you can download more than 38,000 FREE books in various languages.