Solar powered eBook Reader
It would seem that the low power requirements of e-paper devices would be ideal for solar powered use. Here are some articles on such devices.
Actually, if you think about it, eBook readers are close to ideal for solar power since compared to most consumer electronics, they use very little power That being said, you probably would have to strip them of extra features like Wi-Fi (or at least limit its use).
 New Announcements
The following links show new devices that are solar powered.
- http://inhabitat.com/solarkindle-solarfocus-debuts-its-sun-powered-cover-for-amazons-e-reader-at-ces/ - Solar powered cover for a Kindle.
- http://www.freenergyshop.com - Solar chargers and solar battery chargers
 Do it yourself
- http://www.instructables.com/id/Solar-charging-ereader/ shows how to modify a Kobo Reader to be charged on solar power.
A new display announced by AUO shows a flexible Solar Powered ePaper device. This unit integrates the solar panels into the display itself.
 Currently available chargers
Of course there are plenty of solar chargers available to charge a traditional device when you are away from the power grid. Here are a few:
- espow.com features lots of solar chargers for cell phones and other portable devices.
- Sundance Solar - sells chargers and provides good technical information on requirements for portable devices.
- Free energy shop - sells solar chargers, solar gadgets at free shipping rates and provides fast customer support.