Standard features include editing, search and replace, screen rotation, anti-aliased text, high resolution FontBucket fonts, smooth scrolling, full screen mode, beaming, and direct full support for docs and plain text files stored on external VFS-compatible media cards such as SD/MMC, compact flash, and Memory Stick. Only TealDoc offers all this and supports enhanced documents with HTML-like tags for inserting TealPaint pictures, oversized scrolling bitmaps, hyperlinks, hidden bookmarks, and stylized headers.
This is not a free program. Versions are available in English, German, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, and Chinese.
- Reads PalmDOC files
- Reads plain text files
- Edits PalmDOC files
- Edits plain text files
- Advanced search options
- Search and replace
- BDicty word lookup
- System fonts
- FontBucket fonts (addon font manager)
- Hires fonts
- Anti-aliased text
- Bonus tiny monospaced font
- Multispeed auto-scroll
- Screen rotation
- Smooth scrolling
- Full screen mode
- Document beaming
- Private documents
- Encrypted documents
- Embedded TealPaint images (another TealPoint program)
- Stylized header text
- Scrollable oversized images
- Hyper-link buttons
- Links to external apps/players
- Includes TealDoc Maker - Windows converter
- Bookmarks in the style of PalmDOC.
- Notes and highlighting.
 Data Format
TealDoc uses PalmDOC database format and then adds HTML like tags although they are not html compatible.
Only images created in TealPaint are supported. The tag looks like:
<TEALPAINT SRC="Pictures" INDEX=0 LINK=SUPERMAP SUPERIMAGE=1 SUPERW=640 SUPERH=480>
- SRC - name of database containing the images.
- INDEX - The image entry number in the database
- LINK - optional to link to an oversize image. This will appear when the user taps on the image.
The images shown can be a subset of the full image by specifying a width, height and offset into the database image.
style can also be omitted or marked Solid.
To hyperlink to another location in the document or to launch another application.
<LINK TEXT="Press Me" TAG="Contents" FILE="My Novels">
A link is drawn as a box on the screen. Font, Width, Height, X, Y can be indicated. FILE is optional, if omitted then the current document is assumed.
tag target of a link.
<HEADER TEXT="Contents" ALIGN=CENTER STYLE=UNDERLINE>
- FONT - optional 0=Normal, 1=Bold, 2=Large
- STYLE - optional Normal, Underline, Invert
- ALIGN - optional LEFT, RIGHT, CENTER
- X - horizontal Screen position
- Y - vertical position
<BOOKMARK NAME="Contents" >
Add to bookmark list when the document is loaded.