A collection of files for testing ebook readers. Please check the "copyright" situation for the file - make sure nobody gets into trouble!
- http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/103.epub.noimages - Around the world in 80 days, epub from gutenberg.org
- MobileRead forum - A test file that provides good coverage of supported features. See EPub Reader Test for results produced by this file. Also see Device Compatibility for a test file focused on CSS on eBook Readers.
- AZARDI provides a test file sample for ePub 3
- http://epubtest.org/ includes ePub 3 features.
- https://github.com/IDPF/epub-testsuite/wiki/ A testsuite all in one. There are ePub 3 reflowable tests and Fixed layout ePub. More tests are in the works.
Arabic file PROVIDED BY A.A.K :
- http://www.packtpub.com/sites/default/files/Moodle_Sample_e-book.pdf?utm_source=packtpub&utm_medium=free&utm_campaign=pdf : a sample moodle book from packtpub.
- http://www.pnas.org/content/108/49/19569.full.pdf : a scientific papers (link provided by"pietro")
- http://wtrns.fr/-wrJ3BEYLYTmb_ — test file #1: large scanned PDF (ca. 400 MB, no OCR) with smaller sized footnotes (by Schmitti)
- http://wtrns.fr/Rds1iiNh10EwdRi — test file #2: small scanned PDF with small font size (by Schmitti)
- http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf - some pdf form found via google.
- http://cesso.org/samples/WebMatrix2Beta/Microsoft.WebMatrix.Extensibility.chm (link got by "googling")
- source files for standard and advanced books. direct from Mobipocket site. Has two dictionaries, Alice in Wonderland sample and Scientific article sample.