|This is a disambiguation page, which lists pages which may be the intended target. If a page link referred you here, please consider editing it to point directly to the intended page.|
Wireless is a generic term to for any method of transmission or reception using radio transmission capabilities (radio waves). In this wiki the following pages talk about wireless:
- Cell phone
- Wi-Fi - Also called WLAN, Wireless Local Area Network or Wireless LAN.
- WWAN - Wireless Wide Area Network, sometimes call Wireless WAN.
- Whispernet - Amazon wireless
- Bluetooth - Another standard for WLAN but with less range. Normally used for point to point communication but may support multiple devices simultaneously.
- NFC - Near Field Communication
- Wireless USB - replace the USB cord.
Other devices may compete for the same frequencies and can be used wirelessly. These include:
- Cordless phones
- Home weather stations using remote sensors
- Some dedicated wireless remote controls