Alex is the first Google Android-based e-book device to provide full Internet browsing over Wi-Fi or mobile networks such as 3G, EVDO/CDMA and GSM. Alex brings together the efficiency of an EPD display with the responsiveness and richness of navigational convenience of the LCD screen. Its removable SD card gives users extensive storage, allowing them to expand their text with multimedia "add on" editions.
Alex dynamically transforms the reader’s experience with images, videos and notes inserted as 'Web grabs' or with custom text created by the user or other secondary authors pertaining to the subject being displayed. Users can create their own images and notes and capture them to augment the original text or just dynamically grab relevant content with Link Notes™, Alex’s innovative multimedia authoring tool to enhance multimedia publishing.
- web browser in the bottom screen, with print to E Ink screen, which can be done from cached copies.
- access to the android marketplace
- ability to download epubs from the internet (for example google books!)
- advanced navigation screen
- Annotation: Highlight, record comments in your own voice, or add hyperlinks. A marker will remind you or tell any other reader that more information can be found relating to the text on the EPD screen.
- Applications like email, calculator, and media player you can run on the LCD display using the Android OS.
- Screen: 6" E Ink EPD display 600 x 800 pixels.
- 3.5" color LCD display 480 x 320 pixels, touch screen
- Audio: Earphones and Speakers, microphone
- CPU: Marvell Monahan PXA303
- Memory: 256MB RAM, 2 GB flassh
- Expansion: MicroSD card
- Wi-Fi, 3G, EVDO/CDMA and GSM
- OS: Android
- weight: 11 Oz