ECTACO Partner EA900 Deluxe
ECTACO Partner EA900 Deluxe - English <-> Arabic Talking Electronic Dictionary and Audio PhraseBook with Handheld Scanner. It also has the reader software from the JetBook installed.
While this unit is advertised as a Talking Electronic Dictionary this page will focus on its abilities as an eBook Reader. The first two letters of the model number describe the language translation offered. As of April 2009
- EA900 English Arabic
- EC900 English Chinese
- EP900 English Polish
- ER900 English Russian
The EA900 Deluxe offers the most sought-after extras to make every trip you take more enjoyable. The included jetBook Reader lets you read and translate your favorite e-Books. A built-in voice recorder lets you record conversations and audio notes and a robust audio player with mp3 support lets you listen to your favorite media files, AudioBooks and pre-loaded cultural notes to learn Modern Arabic Traditions. An FM radio helps you keep up on the latest news while a Calendar, a World Time clock, Metric Conversion, and a Calculator keep you organized while saving you time and money.
The non-Deluxe version leaves out the scanner but it otherwise the same unit.
- 3.5” color LCD screen 320 x 240 pixel.
- Customizable translating JetBook Reader with FB2, TXT and XML file support
- Voice Recorder, Audio Player with MP3 support and an FM Radio
- 697,000 entry English <-> Arabic bilingual translating Dictionary
- Ectaco/C-Pen Handheld Scanner for instant translation of text from any surface (not on standard model)
- 70,000 English explanations with the WordNet Princeton English Dictionary
- Unique User’s Dictionary lets you create personalized word lists
- Advanced English and Arabic Speech Recognition
- True Voice human pronunciation of all English and Arabic words and phrases
- Talking Picture Dictionary with pronunciation for all words
- 14,000 entry Audio PhraseBook for commonly encountered situations
- Patented Language Teacher system with hands-free, eyes-free U-Learn™ Car Tutor
- Full Text Translation functionality
- Spell-Check, History and Slang Lock options
- Smart Virtual Keyboard with Audio interface
- Vector Ultima™ spell-checker and English Morphofinder™ to help find the words you need
- Customizable bilingual interface
- English Grammar, Irregular Verbs, Idioms, and SAT 200/5000 vocabulary builders
- Linguistic Crossword, Pockets, Spell-It-Right, FlashCards, Hangman games and a Translation Test
- Calculator with Math functions, currency conversion, and metric conversion
 FAQ from ECTACO
Answers from ECTACO support
- Is it the latest Jetbook software with FB2 support? - no (note FB2 is specifically called out as being supported)
- Does the Jetbook reader support TTS so that a book can be read to you out loud? - no
- Does the dictionary support work with the Jetbook eBooks? - doesn't have such option. JetBook can do that. According to the manual translation dictionaries will work.
- Are you planning other language dictionaries for this device? - yes, we are working on all language pairs handling.
- Are you planning to add Jetbook software to other dictionaries? - yes, for 900 series. (Note that the 900 standard product is the same except it doesn't include the Handheld Scanner and costs $50 less.)
- The manual also says bookmarks and searching will work in the open eBook.