EDUPUB is ePub for education.
(from the idpf spec) Digital content in education has the potential to significantly improve learning outcomes, as it can better support accessibility, adapt to individual learning modes, increase engagement and experiential learning through interactivity, provide immediate assessments and analytics, and increase social connectivity.
To this end, the EPUB for Education profile defined in this specification represents the effort to adapt the functionality of the EPUB® 3 format to the unique structural, semantic and behavioral requirements of educational publishing of textbooks.
The profile builds on the ePub 3 specification in the following ways:
- It adds semantics for common educational publishing components and structures.
- It defines how to include content that may be created external to the narrative text workflow, such as interactives and assessment (e.g., QTI).
- It includes accessibility features to enable compliance with educational standards.
- It enables the identification of discrete content entities.
- It allows the embedding of shared educational scriptable components.
- It adds support for annotations.
- It defines guidelines for the production and inclusion of images. See Editing graphics for some eBook issues and recommendations.
 For more information
- https://www.imsproject.org/sites/default/files/edupub/EDUPUB. contains a PDF on Certifying the Learning environment.
- https://elearningindustry.com/epub-education-meet-edupub - eLearning Industry
- http://www.imsglobal.org/activity/edupub EDUPUB Background. Establishing a globally interoperable, accessible, open ecosystem for e-Textbooks and other Digital Learning Materials via EPUB 3.
- EDUPUB creation for Education
- https://www.suntecindia.com/edupub-solutions-for-educational-publishing.html SunTec holds expertise in developing EDUPUB-compliant publications to create content that is interactive, semantically structured and relevant for education