- Create your project in seconds from existing files using the New Project Wizard; or create your book from scratch using the built-in styled text editor.
- Select a book cover design from Jutoh's templates, or create your own with the built-in cover designer.
- EPub output, supports ePub 3 and 2.
- Mobipocket output for Kindle (MOBI, AZW using KindleGen to do the conversion.)
- Text output
- ODT output
- HTML output
- CBZ output
- MP3 synthetic speech output
- cover designer
- import from DOCX, ODT, HTML, TXT, EPub, CBZ
- ePub and HTML input may lose some complex CSS formatting.
- DOCX only from windows.
- conditional content
- flexible configuration facility
- multiple style sheets
- CSS override facility
- custom metadata attributes
- contents page wizard
- alphabetical index support
- footnotes/endnotes support
- backup facility
- full USB drive support, including eBook database and/or the application.
- scraps for storing research
- book checking with EpubCheck 3 built-in
- configurable ebook launching
- optimization for iBooks
- built-in spell checker
- automatic TOC generation
- Can launch external reading apps for testing
- Tables and text boxes are supported.
- SVG and MathML support
- Fixed layout ePub support and Kindle
- Image support - extensive support for bitmap images, including specifying conversion format and quality, and image size (dynamic within the ereader and also static resizing on compilation). Jutoh can convert absolute sizes to percentages so your images scale to the different display sizes. Jutoh supports floating images, where text flows to the left or right.
 ePub 3 support
- The new-style table of contents file is generated, while the old NCX file is included for backwards compatibility;
- Epub 2 guide types are converted to Epub 3 equivalents where possible;
- if documents contain guide types, a 'landmarks' table of contents is generated;
- metadata is generated using the new Epub 3 syntax, with mandatory date metadata;
- XHTML files have the correct preamble;
- SMIL files can be generated for synchronization of narration with content;
- section structure and caption tags can be added by mapping from paragraph style names;
- supports audio and video tags in both Epub 2 and 3
 Jutoh Plus
- Jutoh Plus also writes HTB and CHM application help files.
- supports scripting for automated production.
- supports HTML templates