The 5th-generation Kindle was released in 2012 and was black with no touchscreen (same controls as the 4th). It improved contrast and page-load times over the previous generation. Here is the Kindle 4 page for reference
- Made by: Amazon
- Released: September 2011
- Predecessor: Kindle WiFi
- Languages Supported: English (United Kingdom), English (United States), French, German, Italian, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish
- File Types Supported: MOBI, AZW, TPZ, PDF, TXT
The all-new Kindle - Lighter, smaller, faster
- 30% lighter, less than 6 ounces
- 18% smaller body, same 6" screen size - Fits in your pocket
- Most advanced E Ink display, reads like paper
- Built in Wi-Fi - Get books in 60 seconds
- Massive book selection, over 800,000 titles are $9.99 or less
- Borrow Kindle books from your public library
- Read comfortably with eight different sizes and three font styles.
- Priced at $79 if offers are permitted or $109 without offers.
- Include built-in WebKit-based browser
- CPU: Freescale i.MX508, ARM Cortex-A8 core, 800MHz
- Memory: 256MB Hynix H5MS2G22AFR Mobile DDR SDRAM
- Display: Amazon's 6" diagonal most advanced E Ink display, optimized with proprietary waveform and font technology, 600 x 800 pixel resolution at 167 ppi, 16-level gray scale.
- Display controller: Winbond 25Q40BW1G Serial Flash Memory chip
- USB Port: USB 2.0 (micro-B connector)
- Buttons: 8 physical buttons and a 4-way button with another button in the middle
- On-device Storage: 2GB flash, 1.25GB available ("up to 1,400 books"), SanDisk SDIN502-2G Flash storage chip
- WLAN: Atheros AR6103, 802.11b/g/n with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS); does not connect to WPA and WPA2 secured networks using 802.1X authentication methods; does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- Battery: 3.7V, 1800 mAH Li-ion battery. One month with wireless off based upon a half-hour of daily reading time. Keep wireless always on and it lasts for up to 3 weeks. YMMV.
- Size: 6.5" x 4.5" x 0.34" (166 mm x 114 mm x 8.7 mm)
- Weight: 5.98 ounces (170 grams)
- Charge Time: Fully charges in approximately 3 hours via the included USB 2.0 cable connected to a computer. U.S. power adapter sold separately.
- Cloud Storage: Free cloud storage for all Amazon content.
- Content Formats Supported: Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion.
- Documentation: Quick Start Guide (included in box); Kindle User's Guide (pre-installed on device). Additional information in multiple languages available online.
- Warranty and Service: 1-year limited warranty and service included. Optional 2-year Extended Warranty available for U.S. customers sold separately. Use of Kindle is subject to the terms found here.
- Included in the Box: Kindle wireless e-reader, USB 2.0 cable, and Quick Start Guide.
- Accessories: AC charger, Case.