Kindle for PC
Read Kindle Books on your computer
- Get the best reading experience available on your PC or Mac. No Kindle required
- Access your Kindle books even if you don't have your Kindle with you
- Automatically synchronizes your last page read and annotations between devices with Whispersync
- Create bookmarks and view the annotations you created on your Amazon Kindle
- KFX is supported.
Shop for Books in the Kindle Store
- Search and browse more than 400,000 books, including 101 of 112 New York Times® Best Sellers. If you are a non-U.S. customer, book availability may vary
- Find New York Times Best Sellers and new releases for $9.99, unless marked otherwise
- Get free book samples - read the first chapter for free before you decide to buy
- Books you purchase can also be read on a Kindle
- Kindle newspapers, magazines, and blogs are not currently available for Kindle for PC
- Supports the new AZW4 format used for textbooks.
 Accessibility plugin
- New Fonts : You can choose from six new fonts (Baskerville, Caecillia, Helvetica, Helvetica Light, Lucida, Palatino) in addition to Bookerly, Amazon Ember, Amazon Ember Bold and Open Dyslexic in the Aa(Fonts) menu.
- Two Column mode : You can now choose to read with one column, two columns or with the number of columns determined automatically based on the font size selected and the page width.
- Viewer for Images, Math equations and Footnotes - Double click on an Image / Math equation to launch the viewer.
- Split View support : You can now read in Split View on your PC
 For more Information
For other platforms see Kindle Reading Apps.