Light Phone II
The Light Phone II is a minimalist cell phone with an E Ink screen. The company name is Light.
The Light Phone 2, which will retail for $350, measures less than four inches in length, weighs 78 grams, and comes in two colors (black and light gray). It has a Micro USB port, works with every major network apart from Sprint, and features hot spot and tethering capabilities. The team plans on producing 20,000 units. At launch, the phone will only have three “tools”: calls, texting, and an alarm (a clock is implied). Ride-share, directions, and music tools are in the works. It was announced at the end of August 2019 for pre-order with delivery in October. Black phones are now available and gray ones are slated for November. There is a single production run which means they will be sold so long as units last.
Texting includes single and group. There is no image support, an icon will show that there was an image. They are looking at being able to forward images to an email account. There is no current plan for an eBook reader. Notes app is likely. Contacts likely, phone numbers are saved and can be reused.
The Light Phone II is built around a user-customizable toolbox. You can easily add or remove various tools (directions, calculator, music player, Notes, Taxi, etc.) using the Dashboard. The tools are completely optional, of course. The Light Phone II will never have feeds, social media, advertisements, news or email. All of the tools are custom designed for their Light OS. They avoid the word apps but uses tools instead.
- Screen: 2.84-inch E Ink 1.3:1 touch screen with front light (on/off)
- 1.75" wide x 2.25" tall
- Bluetooth: 4.2
- Wi-Fi: (802.11 a) No browser
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack and Bluetooth, at least MP3.
- battery: 950 mAh two hours of talk time and 7 days standby. 2-3 days of regular use.
- Network: 4G LTE (LTE FDD + VoLTE)
- North American Model: B2, B4, B12, B13, B17, B25, B26
- International Model: B1, B3, B5, B7, B8, B20, B28
- unlock, carrier agnostic
- Dimensions: 95.85 x 55.85 x 8.75mm (3.8" x 2.2" x 0.34")
- Weight: 78g
- Operating System: Light OS
- GPS supported.
- SAR Value: Head: 1.20 W/kg & Body: .52 W/kg
- Charging Port: Micro USB
- Waterproof: IPX3 (splash resistant)
- Colors: available in black (night) and light gray (light)