Minstrel, The FLOSS hybrid reading app, was built together by readers, for the readers Minstrel
(from the web site)
We (as in "the human society as a whole") are in urgent need for good, truly FLOSS reading apps:
- available as native apps for phones, tablets, and PCs
- providing an ergonomic UI/UX for learning activities
- supporting open formats to ensure interoperability with other tools
- accessible to people with disabilities
- respecting the reading privacy of the user
- with a modular architecture = a "curated" core of essential functions + a community-driven repository of plugins
- managed by a FLOSS project, with a commercially-friendly license available for free, promoting community development
Minstrel is a first step towards this goal: an app built by readers like you and me, for readers like you and me.
The app, currently compilable to iOS and Android, is an hybrid app, based on the Cordova framework. While born to support EPUB eBooks (especially ePub 3 Audio-eBooks), since v3.0.0 it supports other formats like CBZ and ABZ (and in a near future, things like PDF and Markdown).