Plucker is an offline Web and free eBook reader for PalmOS® based handheld devices. Plucker contains POSIX tools, scripts and "conduits" which work on UNIX, Linux, Microsoft Windows and Apple MacOS X. These let you decide exactly what part of the World Wide Web you'd like to convert for reading on your PDA. These web pages are then processed, compressed, and transferred to the PDA for viewing by the Plucker viewer.
Windows Mobile (PocketPC) devices are supported by Vade Mecum, a third-party viewer for Plucker files.
Plucker supports many advanced features, including:
- Clickable images (with pan and zoom)
- Italic and narrow support
- High-resolution fonts
- Multiple concurrent documents (more than one copy of the same material)
- Configurable display options (rotation, configurable toolbars)
- Advanced stylus options (gestures and hardware button navigation)
- ZLib and DOC compression (in native and ARM-optimized versions)
- Python, C++ and Perl distillers and scripts
- A Microsoft Windows fully-integrated installer
Through the use of intelligent "distillers" written in many common languages (currently Python, C++ and Perl with third-party versions written in Java), content can be created for Plucker from many sources, including RSS, RDF, TXT files, HTML, PDF, and many other file formats.