Installed apps
The following apps are installed in the device when you get it: ReadRate, DropBox, send-to-PocketBook, Audio Player, Web Browser, bookstore, Photo album, Calendar and Clock, Klondike, Calculator, RSS News, Chess, Scribble, Snake, Sudoku, dictionaries
- Text To Speech (TTS): available here.
- utility to create/edit your own keyboard: thanks to M@rkus, available here.
 User developed applications:
- Improved Midori Browser (courtesy of review): MR thread
- RSS newsfeeders:
- Application to run wifi radio(courtesy of review): here
- Utility to switch the wifi on and off (courtesy fo review): here
- youryfdr's synthesiser (for X03 models): here
- sergueyv's modified LINKS browser (for the Pro models): http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1727139&postcount=16
- osowiecki's modified Aurora browser to browse sites offline: (for the Pro models)
 Communication/Shell Access
- Utility for remote shell access:
- for review's app: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1333362&postcount=1
- see also the discussion on poterm: here.
- Yuryfdr's additions to Uroboros' poterm: http://fedorchenko.net/
- mamaich's instructions to get to the root of your pocketbook: here.
 Programming Support
- rkomar's UI program for popping up dialogs within script files on PocketBook: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163556
Note - for dictionaries, see here
- FBReader 180 (with wrist page turn, courtesy of GrayNM): here for the latest version. Additional discussions are in this thread.
- Application to read DJVU files with enhanced contrast (courtesy of review): for the most up to date version see here, but see here for installation instructions (and it is useful to read also the whole discussion).
- Annotations (courtesy of review): instructions are here for the latest 2.0.4 FW version (released in January), and here for the December 2.0.4 version.
- More on annotations - bogomil's suite: see here - whole thread is here
- CoolReader (review's adaptation of reader42's port for 302) is here - you are strongly advised to read the whole CoolReader thread in this forum, especially this post.
- CoolReader 3 (from the Russian forum version) NOW WITH WRIST PAGE TURNS and basic STYLUS SUPPORT for the X03 models - the latest version is v0.0.6-6 (CREngine 3.0.57-1), see here - whole thread is here, and the most up to date version can be found here. Note: for the correct menu image file copy the appropriate attached file in the "skin" subfolder (under "system/bin/share/cr3/bin"). The .zip file attached contains several versions in other languages - the file name begins with the device type for which it works, so when after copying the image file rename it "cr3_pb_quickmenu.png" (thanks to J.C. and apos). A few menus are missing, so feel free to contribute your own ;). bivsumy (Ukranian forum user) has CoolReader page with instructions and tips that is really very good. See also this thread for CR3 actively maintained.
- Utility to reflow text in txt files (courtesy of neurocyp)download with instructions here - whole thread is here
- Pi, the text editor (courtesy of yuryfr): download with instructions here - yury's page is here
- application to view image files (courtesy of rkomar): see here
- application to edit EPUB files (courtesy of rkomar, uses Yuryfr's Pi editor): see here
- Gerda has done some works on themes for the Pro models - see here