PocketBook is the third largest manufacturer of E Ink readers.
Pocketbook was an Ukranian producer of eReaders. PocketBook is now called PocketBook International and has its production based at Foxconn in China. Company positions its products as multilingual e-readers and develops online store with e-books in 59 languages. The first models were PocketBook 360 and PocketBook 301 (produced at Netronix Inc.). Recent products are being made by Obreey Products.
Today PocketBook is the world’s 3rd largest manufacturer of premium electronic readers based on the E Ink (“electronic paper”) technology. The PocketBook Company was founded in 2007, headquartered in Lugano, Switzerland, and today, its products are sold in 35 countries. PocketBook’s single-minded team of experts crafts exclusive products of the finest quality, pursuing excellence in every aspect and anticipating all possible needs of the modern reader.
 Current Models
- PocketBook Pro 602 (6" eReader with WiFi)
- PocketBook Pro 603 (6" eReader with WiFi, 3G, Wacom touchscreen)
- PocketBook Pro 612 (6" eReader, with WiFi, Wacom touchscreen, specs like PocketBook Pro 603 but no 3G)
- PocketBook Pro 903 (9,7" eReader with WiFi, 3G, Wacom touchscreen)
- PocketBook A 10" - 10" tablet with WiFi, optional 3G, touchscreen, there is also an A 7"
- PocketBook Color Lux - 8" Color E Ink with WiFi and Front light.
- PocketBook Touch Lux - Hi-resolution 6" display
- PocketBook Touch Lux 3 - flagship 6" product
- PocketBook Touch Lux 4 2018 version.
- PocketBook Touch HD - Top of the line 6"
- PocketBook InkPad - Hi-resolution 8" display
- PocketBook CAD Reader - 13.3" announced but not yet shipping.
- PocketBook CAD Reader Flex - A second 13.3" device with a flexible screen.
- PocketBook Aqua 2 - A 6" waterproof and dustproof reader.
- PocketBook Ultra - 6" Carta screen with a camera that can scan your own books.
- CoverReader - a second screen for a Smartphone
- PocketBook mini - A 5" with joystick button controls, also known as Basic 2.
- PocketBook 740 features 7.8" screen and dual processor
Characterful features are text-to-speech in many languages and ABBYY Lingvo dictionaries.
- See http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/products for current list of all products in the US.
- See http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/products/e-ink for full list of E Ink devices in the US.
- See https://www.pocketbook-readers.de/ for products in Germany
- Scroll or page, single or dual page.
- Highlight txt and make notes.
- DRM for PDF and ePub supported.
- Search text
- adjust backlight
- portrait or landscape (lock if needed)
- dictionary support
- PDF supports reflow
- OPDS supported for download.
- PocketBook bookstore supported.
- Cloud support to allow reading the same book on several devices.
- many more.
PocketBooks devices use FBReader professional version as their primary reader.
See PocketBook apps for 3rd party apps for this hardware.
 discontinued models
- PocketBook 301 (6" eReader), based on OEM hardware from Netronix EB-600, the first device from PocketBook
- Pocketbook 360 a 5" eReader with E Ink screen
- PocketBook 302 (6" eReader with touch), resistive touch, is very unique, because it has USB host port - can read USB memory sticks
- PocketBook Pro 902 (9,7" eReader with WiFi) - discontinued, see Model 912
- PocketBook Pro 612 (6" eReader, with WiFi, Wacom touchscreen)
- Pocketbook 360PLUS a 5" eReader with E Ink screen
- Pocketbook IQ 701 (7" LCD-tablet based on Android 2.0)
 For more information
- http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us - official website
- http://www.bookland.net - supported Pocketbook international e-book store
- http://pocketbook-free.sourceforge.net/en/sdk.shtml for the SDK
- http://pocketbook-free.sourceforge.net/en/index.shtml "open" firmware (The whole firmware is not fully open source or free.)
Pocketbook devices have their own MobileRead forum where they are discussed.