Surface Pro 3
This Surface Pro from Microsoft, announced May 20, 2014 has been eclipsed by the Surface Pro 4. There is now also a Surface 3 with a smaller screen in this family. See Windows surface for more in this line.
- A tablet that can replace your laptop.
- "friction-hinge." firm, reliable, and smooth, able to sit at a much lower angle
- easier to use while writing from above. This hinge works at any angle within its range.
- Microsoft is touting the Surface Pro 3's "lapability"
- The keyboard can magnetically attach itself to the front of the Pro 3 to offer improved stability while on your lap.
- Microsoft is also using N-trig’s integrated pen and DuoSense® touch technology in the Surface Pro 3 instead of the Wacom digitizer it used in the original Surface Pro tablets. It is housed in a sleeve.
|Flash GB||64||128 or 256||256 or 512|
- Processor: 4th Generation Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 depending on the model.
- Display: 12" (10" x 6.67") 3:2 ratio 2160 x 1440 px. 216ppi multi-touch 3.1 MP
- Weight: 1.76 lbs
- Dimensions: 11.5” x 7.93” x 0.3” (292mm x 201.3mm x 9.1mm)
- Storage: 64, 128, 256, or 512 GB depending on RAM and processor
- RAM: 4 or 8 GB
- OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
- Battery life: 9 hours web browsing.
- Full-size USB 3.0
- microSD™ card reader
- Headset jack
- Mini DisplayPort
- Cover port
- 5.0 megapixel rear-facing camera
- 5.0 megapixel front-facing camera
- Stereo microphones
- Stereo speakers with Dolby® sound
- Keyboard and cover
- 11.6" x 8.54" x 0.19"
- Weight: 10.4 oz.
- mechanical keys and touchpad
- Magnetic clip
- included - replacement $50
- Connector Type: Bluetooth 4.0
- Buttons: Right-click and erase
- Dimensions: Diameter: 9.5mm / Length: 137 mm
- Weight: 23 g
- Battery: 1 AAAA, two 319 coin cell batteries
This unit joins the Windows Surface Pro 2 (described in Surface RT).