The series range is shown, however, many symbols are already present in fonts outside the ranges shown here.
- Currency symbols - alternate glyphs are not supported, except by font variation. U+20A0..U+20CF codes symbols not found embedded in other locations. Small font variants are between U+FE50..U+FE6F
- Technical symbols - generally control codes U+2400..U+243F, U+2300..U+23FF
- Letterlike symbols - U+2100..U+214F
- Geometrical symbols - U+2300..U+23FF, U+2600..U+26FF, U+2B00..U+2BFF
- Box drawing U+2500..U+257F
- blocks U+2580..U+259F design to make crude graphics
- Geometric shapes U+25A0..U+25FF, U+1F780..U+1F7FF
- Mathematical alphabets - U+1D400..U+1D7FF - Helps solve the problem where many math characters look similar to regular letters.
- Mathematical symbols - U+1EE00..U+1EEFF, U+27C0..U+27EF, U+2980..U+29FF
- Mathematical operators - U+2200..U+22FF, U+2A00..U+2AFF
- Invisible mathematical operators - needed to provide semantics and automatic interpretation.
- Miscellaneous symbols and dingbats - often well established symbols. U+2600..U+26FF, U+1F300..U+1F5FF, and U+1F900..U+1F9FF
- dingbats U+2700..U+27BF ornamental U+1F650–U+1F67F
- weather symbols U+2600..U+2603, U+26C4..U+26CB, U+1F321..U+1F32C, U+2614 umbrella with rain drops
- mapping symbols U+26E8..U+26FF (overlaps with dictionary) and U+1F680..U+1F6FF
- traffic signs U+26CC..U+26CD, U+26CF..U+26E1
- dictionary symbols U+26E8..U+26FF
- recycling symbols
- game symbols
- Mahjong Tiles: U+1F000..U+1F02F
- Domino Tiles: U+1F030..U+1F09F
- Playing Cards: U+1F0A0..U+1F0FF
- Chess pieces: U+02654..U+0265F
- animal symbols - used by Asian cell phone carriers. U+1F400..U+1F42C
- cultural symbols - mostly landmarks U+1F5FB..U+1F5FF
- hand symbols - hands in various positions. U+1F446..U+1F450, U+1F58E..U+1F5A3, U+1F918..U+1F91E, U+270A..U+270D
- music notation U+02669..U+0266F, U+1D100..U+1D1E8
- poetry and lyrics metrics - U+23D1..U+23D9
- dental notation - U+23BE..U+23CC
- electrical notation - U+238D..U+2394, U+23DA earth ground and U+23DB fuse
- Alchemist Symbols: U+1F700..U+1F77F
- Superscript and subscript symbols - U+2070..U+209F
- Pictographic symbols
- Emoticons - "picture character," or pictograph U+1F600..U+1F64F
- Enclosed and square symbols - symbols around characters
 Special forms
- Combining marks may also be used for symbols. especially U+20D0..U+20FF
- Dingbats and optical character recognition characters are different from all other characters in the standard, in that they are encoded based primarily on their precise appearance. U+2440..U+245F
 For more information
- http://unicode-table.com/en/ great Unicode map for finding any character.
- http://unicode-table.com/en/blocks locate symbols by blocks as defined above.
- http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode9.0.0/ch22.pdf contains version 9 symbols
- interesting examples emoji3
- Symbola fonts are a set of fonts created from SVG. They are primarily used for maps
- Toxaris page covering mapping symbol fonts to Unicode equivalent. His Word add-in can use this mapping.