WEXLER. Flex ONE
Wexler Flex One
- Made by: Wexler
- Released: May 2012
- Predecessor: none
- Languages Supported: English, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
- File Types Supported: TXT / RTF / PDF / DOC / CHM / HTM / HTML / EPUB / FB2 / DJVU / MOBI / PDB / PRC / ZIP / RAR
After more than a year of research, development, and design, WEXLER Inc. is finally proud to announce to the world, availability of the first ever 6” eReader (EPD - Electronic Paper Display), based on the flexible display technology. Thanks to this new display technology developed by LG, and our proprietary design and development of materials and components, WEXLER. Flex One becomes the lightest and thinnest electronic reader in the world. Most importantly, this device is completely anti-resistant and full proof from any damage to the display, a common problem with all of the reading devices available today!
The product was announced April 2012 for preorder with delivery in May. The WEXLER. Flex ONE is the first eBook reader using a Flexible EPD display. This unit is shock resistant. At 110g this is the lightest eBook reader in the world.
- Screen: 6” E-Ink (EPD - Electronic Paper Display), 1024 x 768, 213 ppi, 4:3 aspect ratio - This is likely a E Ink Mobius display.
- OS: Linux
- CPU: ARM 9, Cortex A8, 400 MHz 1 core, GPU: Adreno 200
- Memory: RAM: 256K DDR; ROM: 8 GB
- Input/Output: micro-USB 2.0 type B; micro-SD card slot up to 32GB
- Sound: 1 speaker
- Text support: TXT, RTF, PDF, DOC, CHM, HTM, HTML, EPUB, FB2, DJVU, MOBI, PDB, PRC, ZIP, RAR
- Graphics: JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Battery: Li-ion 600 mAh with 1 AMP charger included
- Battery life: "For weeks" and 5000 continuous page turns claimed but in fact it very vary (from 100 to 3000 at best)
- Size: 151 х 134 х 11 mm, 5.9" x 5.3" x .36"
- Weight: 110g (3.88 oz)
- Color: Black, White, Pink, Purple, Violet, Red, Gray, Green, Yellow
- Hardware Buttons: Power Button, Page turning buttons, 'Back' button, 'Menu' button
- Box contents: EReader, USB-cable, power adapter, pouch, User manual