E Ink Mobius
E Ink Mobius is the latest offering from E Ink. It features a flexible substrate.
The new flexible electronic paper display (EPD) technology will be the first flexible display technology that will go into mass production for a large format digital paper product and utilizes a flexible Thin Film Transistor (TFT) technology developed by Sony for plastic displays and turned over to E Ink. Both E Ink Pearl and E Ink Carta screen technologies are supported.
It can also be used with a glass overlay. When a screen breaks it is usually the back TFT layer that breaks, not the outside layer which can be made more rugged. Having a glass overlay permits a front light and a more sensitive touchscreen.
 13.3" screen
The display is approximately 271 x 203 mm or 10.67" x 8.0" providing near letter size reproduction and is only 4.8mm thick (less that .2"). This will make the display much more rugged and also significantly lighter, 63grams vs 144grams for glass.
PVI has HD screen with 2200 x 1650 (207 DPI) as of May 2017.
Devices using this screen include:
- Sony E Ink slate
- Sony DPT-S1
- BOOX Max 13.3 - The BOOX Max Carta is available with HD screen.
- Good eReader 13.3 aka Indiegogo eReader
- PocketBook CAD Reader Flex
- DASUNG A monitor and future eBook Reader
- Paper like monitor - USB monitor. Helps solve CVS.
 6" rugged screen
The earliest use of this flexible display was the WEXLER. Flex ONE on a 6" eBook reader. This screen is planned in Earl. The Earl development team mentions: PVI, E-Ink’s Taiwanese parent company has sent them some samples of their new flexible screen. The new screen uses the E-ink’s Regal waveform technology which dramatically reduces the need for refreshes, allowing for a smoother viewing experience.
|Display Size:||1.73"||3.5"||4.3"||6"||10.3" Carta||13.3"||13.3" Carta|
|Resolution:||320 x 240||600 x 360||800 x 480||1024 x 768||1872 x 1404||1600 x 1200||2200 x 1650 pixels|
|Brightness:||69.5 L* WS||69.5 L* WS|
- Netronix 13.3" digitizer sub-400gr i.MX6 Solo Lite Android note taker and eBook Reader and more
- Good eReader 13.3 from Netronix
- Boox Max 13.3 from Onyx
- Sony DPT-S1 Sony E Ink slate 13.3"
- Sony DPT-RP1 Digital Paper 13.3" high resolution.
- PocketBook CAD Reader Flex 13.3"
- WEXLER. Flex ONE 6"
- BOOX E43 4.3" from Onyx
- reMarkable uses an E Ink Carta screen.
- GVIDO Digital Music Score has dual 13.3" E Ink Carta screens