The WISEreader N518 is one of several eBook readers from Hanvon. It is similar to the N516 but includes a touch screen. It is also similar to the WISEreader N526 except the keyboard interface is different.
- Library and information centre for travelling, weighs just under 190 grams (without cover) – not even one fifth of the weight of a netbook.
- Unique, patented e-ink screen technology, black-on-white effect like when reading newspapers and books, gentle on the eyes.
- Good legibility through zoom function (font appears larger). Screen can be rotated.
- Search function and several bookmarks in documents
- Special sensor pen enables writing directly on the screen, and intuitive menu controls.
- Comments or notifications can be written directly onto the screen in pen, and saved.
- Handwriting can be easily converted into printed text through text recognition.
- No more tedious, complicated button controls!
- Alternatively, a screen keypad can also be used.
- Dictation device and MP3 player in one.
- Single-hand control, suitable for both right-handers and left-handers.
- No power consumption during reading. A fully charged battery is sufficient for approximately 7000 page turns or approx. 15 days of intensive reading.
- The E-Book Reader can be used for months by “spontaneous readers” without having to worry about recharging the battery.
- Scratchproof case. Added removable cover with high-quality leather appearance.
- System can be upgraded with optional firmware updates
- Device available in white or black
- Screen: 5” E-ink Electronic Paper Display with 8 shades of grey
- Resolution: 800 x 600 pixels
- Pen control: Drawing, handwriting detection, screen keypad
- Dimensions: 153 x 112 x 12 mm, 190 g (without cover)
- Memory: Internal 512 MB Flash / 64 MB SDRAM, external additional SDHC memory card with 4 GB (max. 32 GB)
- Operating system: WIN CE 5.0
- Text formats: ePUB (Adobe DRM), PDF, TXT, HTXT, HTML, Microsoft Word
- Audio formats: MP3, WAV (recording and playback), WMA
- Image formats: JPEG, TIF, BMP, PNG, GIF
- Document languages supported: German, English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese and many more
- German or English user interface
- Electricity supply: Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery, 3.7 V, 1500 mAh
- Charging time: approx. 4 hrs through USB with PC connection, approx. 2 hrs through supplied network charging device
- Runtime: No power consumption during reading. Electricity is only used when turning pages or using the pen. Approx. 7000 page turns per battery charge ~ 15 days of intensive reading
- Interfaces: Mini USB connection, SD card slot, 3.5-mm mini latches for stereo outlet
- Hardware buttons: On/Off, 0-9 number keys, cursor buttons, page back/forward, font size, screen rotation, enable pen, audio player, main menu, OK, ESC, refresh screen
- Handwrite suggestions for any language (tested English, French, ... ?)
 Host System requirements
- Computer with Windows, Mac or Linux for copying the content onto the SD card
- Adobe Digital Editions software (free internet download) and Adobe UserID (free) to use protected E-books from Thalia, Libri etc.
 Package content
- E-book reader with 4 GB SDHC memory card
- Power adapter, USB connection cable, stereo earphones with volume adjuster, protective cover (black), brief instructions