Blue-light exposure has been identified as causing sleep depredation.
Reducing blue-light exposure protects your eyes and provides the best nighttime reading experience. Some devices have an automatic setting that mimics the sun’s natural progression, emitting the optimal brightness and hue based on the time of day. These include:
- Kobo Aura ONE and Kobo Aura H2O edition 2
- Kobo Forma - automatic
- Tolino Vision 4HD
- some models of the Apple iPad
- Blue Shade is an exclusive Fire OS “Bellini” feature that works behind the scenes to automatically adjust and optimize the backlight for a more comfortable nighttime reading experience.
- Nook GlowLight 3 has a special night mode selected by the user.
There are also third-party programs for Android and desktop OSes that will filter blue light automatically based on time-of-day location settings. These include Twilight, Redshift, and f.lux.
 more hardware
- DASUNG is concerned with this issue.