- Made by: Bookeen
- Released: Nov 2014?
- Predecessor: none
- Languages Supported: 24
- File Types Supported: ePub, PDF, HTML, TXT, FB2, DJVU
The Cybook Ocean offers 79% more of the text display than other standard 6" readers. Includes Invisible light guide film front light with scratch-resistant and smudge-resistant anti-glare multi-touch screen.
Bookeen has been researching high speed E Ink displays for over two years, and now they have unveiled the technology - which they call High Speed Ink System technology or (HSIS). Basically, HSIS is an E Ink Pearl touch display, a TI Cortex A8 processor (which Bookeen said was developed in partnership with TI) and optimized software and algorithms developed by Bookeen.
- Multi-touch paper like display
- CPU: Cortex A8 TIOMAP3611 (800 MHz)
- RAM: 128 Mo LP DDR
- Battery: 2100 mAh
- battery life: 1 week (depends on Wi-Fi & FrontLight usage)
- “Flatview” design - Flat & very pure user interface
- Dimensions: 196 mm x 150 mm x 7 mm. Weight: 300 g.
- Capacitive buttons for turning page & menu/Front light
- 4 G iNAND approx 4000 ebooks
- Expansion slot: MicroSDHC up to 32 approx 32,000 eBooks
- MicroUSB 2.0 for transferring file and charging
- Languages: User interface available in 24 languages
- Web Browser: WebKit Based
- OS: Linux 2.6.31
- Software features
- Notes / search / bookmarks / highlights / line spacing / margin / dictionaries (depends on languages) / 20 font sizes / personalization screensaver mode / PDF management tool / classification folder and collection / over a hundred of books
- Over 100 books offered
- High Speed Ink System (HSIS)
- Ultra-reactive user interface
- Wireless: Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)
- eBook formats: ePub, PDF, Adobe DRM, HTML, TXT, FB2, DJVU
- picture formats: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, ICO, TIF, PSD
- Firmware Upgrades: OTA (Over The Air), MicroSD, USB connection
- Activation: OTA (Over The Air), USB connection
- EBook store interface: E-paper optimized eBook store