E Ink knockoff
There is a new screen from Ganzhou OED Technologies, the Chinese manufacturer of the screens. It is unclear whether this is a copy of E Ink (a knockoff) or some sort of new engineering effort.
- They seem to called their EPD technology "digital Ink".
- It seems to be similar to E Ink Pearl screen technology with similar contrast but some say a lighter background.
- Front light capability is supported.
- The Cybook Ocean uses an 8" version of this screen.
- Trekstor Pyrus mini eReader with the 4.3″ screen.
- Trekstor 6" reader