GoodReader is the super-robust PDF reader for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. With GoodReader on your iPad/iPhone, you can read virtually anything, anywhere: books, movies, maps, pictures. It can read large TXT files. Also handles all the Microsoft Office file types as supported by the Safari engine.
- Internal file manager
- Can connect to any remote server, SMB, AFP, NAS, and an incredible large etc.
- Synchronization across servers. It synchronizes the content with the notes, and not the reading position
- Different ways of synchronization (bidirectional, from only, to only).
- Annotate PDF. Most important for me is handwriting annotation.
- Add/remove/extract parts of a PDF
- Auto generation of a new copy PDF if you annotate it.
- Can get a PDF from an URL, or navigate and automatically detect the PDF embedded in the page.
- Read Microsoft Office documents, TXT and HTML
- Extract the text of the PDF.
- View pictures, listen to audio, watch video
- Annotation format is the PDF standard one, can be viewed in any other viewer and continue annotations in other programs and read the annotations made from other programs.
- PDF page preview (opens thumbnails of the open PDF).
- Opens multiple PDFs at same time using tabs.
 Advanced PDF reading & editing
Super-robust PDF reading engine that easily opens even the largest PDF files
- Page cropping and double-page spreads
- Insert, delete, rotate and rearrange pages, split and merge PDFs
- Extract and email individual pages from a large PDF
- Sign PDF documents.
 iOS 11
The outdated GoodReader 3 apps were discontinued in 2014 and replaced with the modern GoodReader 4. If you’re still using one of the older 32-bit GoodReader 3 apps, they will not work in iOS 11 which only supports 64-bit apps.
If you’ve updated to iOS 11 and need to recover your files from GoodReader 3, you can copy them to your computer via USB. You can do this with our free GoodReaderUSB file transfer tool for your computer or you can use iTunes File Sharing, then transfer the files from your computer to GoodReader 4 using the same tool.