The iPad 2017 is a new lower cost iPad that replaces iPad Air 2 at $329. It was available March 24, 2017.
- Apple's high-quality aluminum unibody build, a Touch ID fingerprint sensor on the front, and the usual buttons and ports along the sides.
- Screen differences with iPad Pro: it's not laminated, it doesn't have an anti-reflective coating, and it doesn't support a wide color gamut. There's also no True Tone, meaning the screen won't use the ambient light sensor to dynamically adjust the screen's white color balance to make text more readable.
- Fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi delivers up to 866-Mbps throughput. The Wi-Fi + Cellular model supports LTE networks worldwide for convenient connectivity.
- This unit is the same size and weight as an iPad Air thus accessories such as cases for the Air will fit.
 Compared to the Air 2
- A9 versus A8X
- thickness 0.29 vs. 0.24
- weight 1.03 vs 15.36 oz
- no anti-reflection coating, not laminated
- dropped 64G
- Battery is the larger Air battery 32.4 WH vs. 27.3 WH
- Dimensions 9.4" by 6.6" by 0.29"
- screen size 9.7" 2048 x 1536 pixels 264 ppi
- LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- weight: 1.03 lbs, 1.05 for Cell version
- CPU: A9 and M9 co-processor
- Memory: 32G, 128G ($329, $429)
- OS: iOS 10
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO dual antennas
- Bluetooth: 4.2 technology
- Cellular: Optional, has full 20 LTE channels and assisted GPS, micro-sim card.
- Camera: 8MP Rear with 1080p video, 1.2MP Front-Facing
- 8-megapixel camera
- Panorama (up to 43 megapixels)
- HDR for photos
- Exposure control
- Burst mode
- Tap to focus
- Timer mode
- ƒ/2.4 aperture
- Five-element lens
- Hybrid IR ﬁlter
- Backside illumination
- Auto image stabilization
- Face detection
- Photo geotagging
- 1080 Video recording
- Battery: 10 hr life, 32.4-watt-hour lithium polymer
- Colors: silver, gold, space gray
- Digital compass, iBeacon microlocation, 3 axis gyro, accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, barometer