iPad Pro 2018
- The new iPad Pro features an all‑new, all‑screen design. But it’s not just any screen, it’s the most advanced display on the planet. And with less volume and more screen than ever, there’s more room to create, work, and watch.
- Two great sizes: For the new 12.9‑inch iPad Pro, we kept the same great screen size as the previous generation but reduced the overall volume of the device by 25 percent for maximum portability. And for the new 11‑inch model, we kept the footprint of the 10.5‑inch model but increased the screen size by pushing it all the way to the edges. The screen on the 11" model is the same width as the 10.5" model but length is 0.6" more for a full 9" height.
- Thinnest iPad ever: The technology inside iPad Pro has been completely redesigned to fit into less space while improving performance. Because the bezel size has been reduced to allow the display to get closer to the edge, we redesigned the 12‑megapixel camera to fit within the minuscule space directly behind the bezel. The speakers, antennas, and other components were also redesigned to fit inside the new iPad Pro, which is just 5.9 mm thin.
- Simple, intuitive gestures help you get around iPad Pro entirely with Multi‑Touch. Simply tap the screen to wake iPad Pro. Swipe up from the bottom to reveal the Dock in any app. Swipe up and pause halfway to get to the App Switcher. And quickly swipe up from the bottom to get home from anywhere.
- The new USB-C interface can use third party devices and can even charge other devices from the iPad battery. It can also power them.
- There is a new Apple pencil for these devices that is not compatible with the older pens.
- There is a new Folio keyboard that folds to cover both sides of the iPad.
- The home button/finger print sensor is gone, replaced with a swipe up motion and facial recognition.
|Model||11-inch iPad Pro||12.9-inch iPad Pro|
|Screen||2388 x 1668 pixel 264 ppi 1.43:1 ratio||2732 x 2048 pixel 264 ppi 1.33:1 ratio|
|Finish||Silver, Space Gray||Silver, Space Gray|
|Capacity||64GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB||64GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB|
|Size||7.02" x 9.74" x 0.23"
(178.5 x 247.6 x 5.9 mm)
|8.46"x 11.04" x 0.23"
(214.9x 280.6 x 5.9 mm)
|Weight||Wi-Fi models 1.03 pounds (468 grams),
Wi-Fi + Cellular models 1.03 pounds (468 grams)
|Wi-Fi models 1.39 pounds (631 grams),
Wi-Fi + Cellular models 1.4 pounds (633 grams)
|Battery||Built-in 29.37-watt-hour battery||Built-in 36.71-watt-hour battery|
 Common Specs
- Screen: Liquid Retina display, LED-backlit Multi‑Touch display with IPS technology, ProMotion technology
- Wide color display (P3), True Tone display
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating, Fully laminated display
- Antireflective coating, 1.8% reflectivity, 600 nits brightness
- The iPad Pro display has rounded corners that follow a beautiful curved design, and these corners are within a standard rectangle. When measured as a standard rectangular shape measured diagonally (actual viewable area is less).
- Chip: A12X Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture, Neural Engine, Embedded M12 coprocessor
- more powerful than most laptops. Geek benchmark Single core: 5,020; multi-core: 18,217
- RAM: 4GB on all except the 1TB version which has 6GB.
- OS: iOS 12.1
- Camera: 12-megapixel camera, ƒ/1.8 aperture, Five‑element lens, with Quad-LED True Tone flash 4032 x 3024 (12.2MP)
- Digital zoom up to 5x, Panorama (up to 63 megapixels)
- Sapphire crystal lens cover, Backside illumination sensor
- Hybrid IR filter
- Autofocus with Focus Pixels, Tap to focus with Focus Pixels
- Live Photos with stabilization
- Wide color capture for photos and Live Photos
- Improved local tone mapping, Exposure control, Noise reduction
- Smart HDR for photos
- Auto image stabilization
- Burst mode, Timer mode,Photo geotagging
- Image formats captured: HEIF and JPEG
- Video Recording
- 4K video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
- 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
- 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Quad-LED True Tone flash
- Slo‑mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps and 720p at 240 fps
- Time‑lapse video with stabilization
- Cinematic video stabilization (1080p and 720p)
- Continuous autofocus video
- Noise reduction
- Take 8-megapixel still photos while recording 4K video
- Playback zoom
- Video geotagging
- Video formats captured: HEVC and H.264
- TrueDepth Camera
- FaceTime video and/or audio
- Speakers: Four speaker audio
- Microphones: Five microphones for calls, video recording, and audio recording
- Cellular and Wireless
- All models
- Wi-Fi + Cellular models
- UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC‑HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Gigabit-class LTE (Models A2013 and A2014: bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 29, 30, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 66, 71)4
- Data only, requires plan
- Wi-Fi calling, requires plan
- eSIM6, not all plans
- SIM Card: Nano‑SIM (supports Apple SIM6) or eSIM6
- Location: All models
- Digital compass
- iBeacon microlocation
- Wi-Fi + Cellular models
- Assisted GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and QZSS Cellular
- Face ID
- Three-axis gyro
- Ambient light sensor
- Face ID: Enabled by TrueDepth camera for facial recognition
- Unlock iPad
- Secure personal data within apps
- Make purchases from the iTunes Store, App Store, and Apple Books
- Apple Pay: Pay with your iPad using Face ID within apps and on the web
- Send and receive money in Messages
- Siri: Use your voice to send messages, set reminders, and more
- Get proactive suggestions
- Use hands-free
- Listen and identify songs
- Charging and Expansion: USB-C
- Battery specs: rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
- Charging via power adapter or USB-C to computer system
- Wi-Fi + Cellular models: Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using cellular data network
- IPad accessories
- Smart Keyboard Folio
- Apple pencil