Kindle Touch and Kindle Touch 3G
- Made by: Amazon
- Released: November 2011
- Predecessor: Kindle WiFi
- Languages Supported: English, French, German
- File Types Supported: MOBI, AZW, TPZ, PDF, MP3, AA, AAX
The First Kindle with a Touch screen is also lighter, smaller, faster
- Most-advanced E Ink display, now with multi-touch IR technology
- New sleek design - 8% lighter, 11% smaller, holds 3,000 books
- Only Kindle e-reader with text-to-speech, audiobooks and mp3 support
- Built in Wi-Fi - Get books in 60 seconds
- Borrow Kindle books from your public library
- Exclusive EasyReach touch technology lets you read easily with one hand
- New X-Ray feature lets you look up characters, historical figures, and interesting phrases. References Wikipedia and Shelfari.
- Massive book selection, over 800,000 titles are $9.99 or less
- Read comfortably with eight different sizes and three font styles.
- Priced at $99 for WiFi version if offers are permitted or $139 without offers. The 3G version starts at $149 with offers and $189 without.
- Includes built-in Browser
- Built in Dictionary
- Full image zoom - zoom to Full screen image.
Kindle Touch 3G
Kindle Touch 3G is the easiest option because there is no wireless setup—you are ready to shop, purchase, and read right out of the box. Built-in free 3G connectivity uses the same wireless signals that cell phones use, but there are no monthly fees or commitments — Amazon pays for Kindle Touch's 3G wireless connectivity. There are Fees for certain tasks. The added convenience of 3G enables you to download books anytime, anywhere, while on the go—without having to find a Wi-Fi hotspot connection. Wi-Fi is also supported on the device. With wireless coverage in over 100 countries and territories, Kindle Touch 3G is a great option for travelers.
- Weight: 7.8 ounces (220 grams)
- HSDPA modem (3G) with a fallback to EDGE/GPRS; utilizes Amazon Whispernet to provide wireless coverage via AT&T's 3G high-speed data network in the U.S. and partner networks outside of the U.S. (Germany: Vodafone)
- CPU: Freescale i.MX508, ARM Cortex-A8 core, 800MHz
- Display: Amazon's 6" diagonal most advanced E Ink multi-touch display, optimized with proprietary waveform and font technology, 600 x 800 pixel resolution at 167 ppi, 16-level grayscale.
- Size (in inches): 6.8" x 4.7" x 0.40" (172 mm x 120 mm x 10.1 mm)
- Weight: 7.5 ounces (213 grams)
- System Requirements: None, because it's wireless and doesn't require a computer to download content.
- On-device Storage: Up to 3,000 books or 4 GB internal (approximately 3 GB available for user content).
- Cloud Storage: Free cloud storage for all Amazon content
- Battery Life: A single charge lasts up to two months with wireless off based upon a half-hour of daily reading time. Keep wireless always on and it lasts for up to 6 weeks. Battery life will vary based on wireless usage, such as shopping the Kindle Store, web browsing, and downloading content.
- Charge Time: Fully charges in approximately 4 hours via the included USB 2.0 cable connected to a computer. U.S. power adapter sold separately.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication; does not connect to WPA and WPA2 secured networks using 802.1X authentication methods; does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- USB Port: USB 2.0 (micro-B connector)
- Audio: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, rear mounted speakers
- Content Formats Supported: Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, Audible (Audible Enhanced (AA, AAX)), MP3, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion.
- Documentation Quick Start Guide (included in box); Kindle User's Guide (pre-installed on device). Additional information available online.
- Included in the Box: Kindle wireless e-reader, USB 2.0 cable, Quick Start Guide. Power adapter sold separately.
- Accessories: AC charger, Case.