Kindle paperwhite 1
- Made by: Amazon
- Released: October 1, 2012
- Predecessor: Kindle Touch
- Languages Supported: English and several more.
- File Types Supported: KF8, AZW, MOBI, PDF, TXT
- Two models, a Wi-Fi only and a Wi-Fi with 3G
- Free 3G wireless - no hunting or paying for Wi-Fi hotspots, no annual contracts or monthly fees
- 3G wireless works globally - download books anytime, anywhere
- Patented built-in light evenly illuminates the screen to provide the perfect reading experience in all lighting conditions
- Paperwhite has 62% more pixels for unsurpassed resolution
- 25% better contrast for sharp, dark text
- Even in bright sunlight, Paperwhite delivers clear, crisp text and images with no glare
- New hand-tuned fonts - 6 font styles, 8 adjustable sizes
- 8-week battery life, even with the light on
- Holds up to 1,100 books - take your library wherever you go
- Built-in Wi-Fi lets you download books in under 60 seconds
- New Time to Read feature uses your reading speed to let you know when you'll finish your chapter
- Massive book selection. Lowest prices. Over a million titles less than $9.99
- 180,000 Kindle-exclusive titles that you won't find anywhere else, including books by best-selling authors such as Kurt Vonnegut
- Supports children's books and includes new parental controls
- Kindle Owners' Lending Library - with Amazon Prime, Kindle owners can choose from more than 180,000 books to borrow for free with no due dates, including over 100 current and former New York Times best sellers and all 7 Harry Potter books.
- Display: Amazon's 6" paperwhite display with patented built-in Front light, 1024 x 758 212 ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level gray scale
- Size: 6.7" x 4.6" x 0.36" (169 mm x 117 mm x 9.1 mm)
- Weight: 7.8 ounces (222 grams) 3G model; 7.5 oz Wi-Fi model.
- System Requirements: None; fully wireless and doesn't require a computer to download content
- Interface: 2 finger multi-touch screen
- On-Device Storage: 2 GB internal (approximately 1.25 GB available for user content). Holds up to 1,100 books
- Cloud Storage: Free cloud storage for all Amazon content
- Battery Life: A single charge lasts up to eight weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 10. Battery life will vary based on light and wireless usage.
- Charge Time: Fully charges in approximately 4 hours from a computer via USB cable
- 3G Connectivity (select models): HSDPA modem (3G) with a fallback to EDGE/GPRS; utilizes Amazon Whispernet to provide wireless coverage via AT&T's 3G high-speed data network in the U.S. and partner networks outside of the U.S.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Content Formats Supported: Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion
- Documentation: Quick Start Guide (included in box); Kindle User's Guide (pre-installed on device) PDF. Additional information in multiple languages available online
- Included in the Box: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, USB 2.0 charging cable, and Quick Start Guide
Newest 2012 technology, replaces Kindle Touch