This EDRLab application is in constant development and aims at becoming a reference for accessing EPub 3 publications in reflow or fixed layout format, audiobooks and visual narratives, LCP protected or not. It is localized in a large set of languages, each version offering new languages.
- Huge efforts are also made to get Thorium Reader highly accessible for visually impaired and dyslexic people.
- This application is free, with no ads and no leaks of private data.
- This is the perfect tools for heavy readers, library patrons and students.
- It is based on the Readium Desktop.
Readium Desktop is the reference EPUB 3 open-source toolkit for reading applications running on Windows 10, MacOS and Linux and mobile apps.
Readium Desktop is a set of open-source chrome-less modules developed using Electron.js, node.js and Typescript and which follows the Readium Architecture.
The project is led by EDRLab. This development has been possible thanks to the financial involvement of the EDRLab founding members. Please help us pursue this development, fund EDRLab.
- Formats: ePub 2, ePub 3, PDF, Audio Books (Packaged LPF)
- Targeted at Blind and those with other Accessibility needs.
- Supports OPDS Catalogs
Thorium Reader is for everyone, including people who are blind or have other print disabilities. The application is compatible with screen readers including JAWS, NVDA, Narrator and VoiceOver, and it includes a read aloud feature with visual highlighting. Thorium Reader can be used with the mouse or keyboard, and keyboard shortcuts are configurable. The display can be personalized to suit user’s needs, including colors, text size, spacing, font and layout. EDRLab has strong relationships with the DAISY Consortium.