The EB-610 is an EB-600 with extra features which include WiFi 802.11b/g (EB-611), Bluetooth, and a touch screen.
EB-600/EB-610 reference page
Netronix EB-600 and EB-610 are electronic readers which uses e-ink technology. The EB-600 uses Embedded Linux 2.6 while the EB-610 uses WinCE 5.0 for the operating system. See Netronix eBook for the latest data
- Made by: Netronix
- Released: revised 2009 (EB600EM)
- Predecessor: 2007 originally called the EB-100
- Languages Supported: English, Chinese (Big5/GB), Dutch, Japanese, Spanish, French
- File Types Supported: PDF, HTML/CHM, TXT, RTF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, MP3, AAC, ePUB
- Turn page -- forward, backward, automatic.
- Jump to page
- Progress bar -- display position in the book
- Font increasing -- increase font size with 8 levels.
- Bookmark -- add bookmark to a page
- Zoom -- zoom in/out page
- Slideshow -- start/stop slideshow
- Supported image formats: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP
- auto shut-off -- on/off
- Play MP3 - playback MP3 or AAC files
- WiFi Config -- WiFi connection Status, WPS, IP setting, SSID/WEP/WPA
- SUDOKU game included
Some versions have a round keypad are instead of square as shown.
This has been revised once again for 2010-2011 and is called the E60800. Weight has been dropped to 180 g, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are optional. There is now a access to a bookstore for the WiFi model and dictionary support available. It has a Freescale ARM11 processor and runs Linux 2.6.28. Battery Capacity is 1,000 mA. See netronix web site for the details. The E60810 model has a resistive touch screen. Formats include: PDF, EPUB, FB2, HTML, TXT, PRC, MOBI, RTF, DOC, JPG, MP3.
- Size: 4.7" x 7.4" x 0.3" (118 x 198 x 9 mm)
- Weight: 7 ounces (210 g) battery included
- Screen: 6" E Ink Vizplex screen [4.8" x 3.6"- 122mm x 91mm], 600x800 pixels, 166 dpi, B&W, 4 grayscale (2009 model has 8 grayscale levels)
- Daylight readable (No backlight)
- Portrait and landscape mode
- Controls: buttons "ON/OFF", "Up ", "Down", "Right ", "Left", "Enter ", "Game", "Menu", "Music". The 5 way button is available either square or round.
- Power Supply: DC 5V 1 A switching Power Adapter
- Battery: Rechargeable built-in Li-Ion 3.7V battery (1000 mAh), 8,000 screen refresh battery life. Made by HECELL and is their 3.7V 1AH 56x33x5mm unit
- Battery charge: AC adapter 4 hours, USB cable 6 hours.
- Processor: Samsung S3C2440 AL-40 400MHz
- ROM memory: 128 MB
- RAM memory:128 MB
- Storage memory: 64 MB (2009 model has 512MB)
- SD card: up to 4 GB
- Connectivity: USB Client (v1.1) - Mini USB B connector, 2.5 mm earphone connector
- touch screen: optional
- WiFi: 802.11g optional (EB-611)
- Fonts: uses TTF fonts
Previous model number for this unit was EB-100 for the Linux version and EB-200 for the WinCE version. In 2009 the unit was revised to support 8-levels of grayscale and revised firmware.
- Official homepage for eBook Reader from Netronix Inc.
- Bookeen Cybook Gen3 - uses the same hardware but the firmware is different.
- Bookeen Cybook Gold - Second generation EB-600
- eSlick uses their own PDF
- COOL-ER uses ADE
- Astak Mentor Lite 6 model uses ADE
- Pocketbook 301 uses ADE
- Elonex ebook uses ADE
- italica uses ADE
- iLiber uses ADE
- Inves-Book 600 among others.
- Viewsonic VEB612
- Airis Dbook EB001
- eGriver eBook
- Turbo-X eBOOK - From Greece.
- Kobo eReader - Sold by Borders among others. Uses different firmware. koboereader.com
Updating the firmware
- Download latest dated Firmware Upgrade (presently 04-02-2010)
- Prepare SD card: format it for FAT file system, and make sure your device will recognize it by putting a small text file or an e-book on it. The reason to do this is because device may not recognize some cards, if you attempt to upgrade firmware using one of those cards, you will not be able to boot reader anymore.
- After you download, uncompress the file to a clean SD card to the root of the card. Do not put an archive file itself to SD card. Do not rename the file.
- Insert SD card into Mentor Lite SD card slot.
- Use the USB cable to connect to your PC.
- This is tricky so please read carefully:
- press and hold BOTH the large ENTER Button on the front of the unit and the THIRD (3rd) side button from the top… and HOLD for two seconds!! You must press both these buttons and the “reset” button and HOLD for 2-3 seconds.
- AT THE SAME TIME as you press the front and side buttons , turn the device over and press the reset button with a paper clip. You have to press and hold all three at the same time and HOLD down for 2-3 seconds!!
- Release the buttons and the Firmware Upgrade will commence.
- The screen will display that the Firmware Upgrade is completed when done!!
- When done, unplug USB cable, remove SD card, and power "ON" the device!
Resetting the device
There's a reset to factory setting which can fix some issues. You have to press the menu button (left side, 4th button) and hold until the led blinks, press and hold the + key until the led blinks, and then press the - key