From the Amazon launch by Jeff Bezos
"Fire Phone puts everything you love about Amazon in the palm of your hand,"
- Mayday is the live customer support option that debuted on the Kindle Fire HDX tablet.
- Firefly, lets you point your Fire Phone at "over 100 million items" and get an identification in seconds pointing to the item for sale at Amazon.
- Firefly is a new technology that quickly recognizes printed web and email addresses, phone numbers, QR and bar codes, artwork, movies, music, and millions of products, making it easy to discover information, share items with friends, and more. It works in seconds—simply press and hold the Firefly button.
- 3D component known as Dynamic Perspective, which "recognizes where a user's head is relative to the device [and uses] it to offer customers a more immersive experience
- one-handed navigation, and gestures that actually work
- 4 front facing cameras (one in each corner) to sense the users position relative to the device, this features support 3D and one-handed navigation.
To help boost its new mobile ecosystem, Amazon launched SDKs for Dynamic Perspective and Firefly SDK. Users can take advantage of Amazon services.
All Fire Phone buyers will get a free year of Amazon Prime, as well as cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with the Fire phone.
- X-ray for deeper info about music, videos, and books;
- ASAP, which learns what movies and shows you like and gets them ready ahead of time to cut down on buffering
- Second Screen, which lets you use your Fire Phone as a remote
- Easily switch between audio books and e-books.
The initial prices is $199 (32GB) with a two year contract with AT&T. Available from $650 with no contract. There is also a 64GB for $299 with contract.
- Screen size: 4.7" HD LCD display 1,280 x 720 315 ppi
- 590 cd/m2 brightness (typical), 1000:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- Processor: 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, Adreno 330 GPU
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 32GB or 64GB
- Camera: 4 front facing and 1 13Mpixel rear facing
- Rear: multi-frame HDR, auto focus, optical image stabilization, f/2.0 5-element wide aperture lens, LED flash
- Front: 2.1 MP
- Video: 1080p at 30fps.
- Audio: Dual stereo speakers, Dolby Digital audio, and headphone jack.
- OS: Fire OS 3.5.0, which is Amazon's customizable version of Android.
- Apps: available via the Amazon Appstore.
- Size: 5.5" x 2.6" x 0.35" (139.2mm x 66.5mm x 8.9mm)
- Weight: 5.64 ounces (160 grams)
- Battery: Battery size: 2400mAh.
- Talk time: up to 22 hours; standby time: up to 285 hours.
- Video playback: up to 11 hours; audio playback: up to 65 hours.
- TV and Video: Supports screen mirroring and Second Screen
- Content formats supported
- Audio: Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, OGG, PCM/WAVE, AAC LC/ELD, HE-AAC (v1 & v2), AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AMR-WB+, Audible Enhanced format (AAX);
- Video: MPEG4, VP8, H.264/MPEG4/AVC,MPEG4 SP, H.263,AVI,HDCP2.x, PlayReady DRM; ** Images: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, GIF87a,GIF89a;
- Viewable docs: PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, DOC, DOCX, Kindle (AZW), KF8, TXT
- Dynamic Perspective sensor system with invisible infrared illumination,
- gyroscope, accelerometer, magnetometer,
- barometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor
- Location: GPS, Assisted GPS, GLONASS, Wi-Fi/Cellular location, and Digital compass
- Cellular: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz), Quad-band GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), 9 bands of LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 17, 20), supports carrier aggregation
- Connectivity: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, up to 300 Mbps with channel bonding;
- Headphones: Premium, tangle-free headphones with remote and mic
- Rating for hearing aids M4, T4
- SIM Card: Pre-installed Nano SIM card
- Ports: Micro USB 2.0, 3.5mm headphone
- Included in the Box
- Amazon Fire Phone with Fire OS 3.5.0
- Premium headphones with remote and mic
- Micro USB to USB charging cable
- USB power adapter (5W)
- Quick Start Guide