- Made by: Jinke
- Released: April 2006 for outside China.
- Predecessor: none
- Languages Supported: English, Chinese
- File Types Supported: HTML, TXT, WOLF, MP3, XEB (APABI)
The device supports multi-level directory management. This is a convenient way for the user to classify and manage the books. The separate touch screen facility and stylus makes text input and easy navigation possible as part of a very natural user interface.
- Double Display (EPD 600*800 + STN 254*96)
- Grayscale 4 levels
- WOLF OS
- Format support: WOLF (WOLF File Format: convert from txt, htm, DOC, Excel, PPT, PDF, Images, mp3 etc.), HTML, TXT.
- Storage: SD/MMC card (up to 2GB)
- Touch panel: only slave display
- Rechargeable battery: 950 mAh Lithium-ion
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 194 x 133.6 x 13.4 mm.
- Weight: about 300 grams.
- Operating temperature is 0ºC to 40ºC.
The Hanlin V8 is the first internationally available eBook reader from Jinke. It was released inside China in 2004 and was the first Chinese device to use E Ink screens.
- Hanlin eBook for an overview of all the Jinke eBook products and several more pictures of the V8.
- Jinke site - description of the V8
- For specifications on the display technology see: E Ink display
- To compare this device with other E-INK devices see: E-book Reader Matrix